6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2015 9:16 AM by johnrellis

sliders in lightroom after recent update not responding as before

garyw77548968

Since today's update the sliders in lightroom are very slow to respond if they respond at all.

I have a new MacBook Pro and I was not having this issue yesterday.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I also just found out that all my On One tools are gone from the automate section in PS.

• 1. Re: sliders in lightroom after recent update not responding as before
          MetalJimmy

Same happened to me. I realized that ALL my synced photos in collections were resyncing after the update. For me that was only about 700 photos. If I paused the sync, performance went back to normal.

I'm not sure why they are resyncing though. I guess it's maybe updating them all to have a the haze slider attribute added. This was quite annoying and Lightroom was using over 300% cpu during the sync.

Not sure if you have the same issue but it's worth checking.

• 2. Re: sliders in lightroom after recent update not responding as before
            garyw77548968 Level 1

Thank you, I do not sync my photos. I use a separate catalog for each individual shoot.

I am having problems with the exposure, contrast sliders etc.

• 3. Re: sliders in lightroom after recent update not responding as before
              MetalJimmy Level 1

I was wondering (and this is pure conjecture) if Lightroom is doing some sort of indexing or updating with the library after the recent update. A background process updating all the images could easily slow down the application. Even when I paused my sync and the application was idle I noticed the cpu working extra hard for a bit. I'm hoping performance goes back to normal after a time.

• 4. Re: sliders in lightroom after recent update not responding as before
                Pxlvue

I'm having the same issue with exposure, contrast and tint and temp sliders as well. I have a habit of clicking on the bar, just to nudge over a little bit. The indicator actually moves, but no change is made. I attempted to chat with Adobe yesterday about this, the agent actually controlled my screen, and did saw the issue. However, after much troubleshooting he had no answer and refused to confirm that it was an issue. He told me it was my computer, which was laughable. Brand new 27" iMac with VIDIA GeForce GT 755M 1024 MB. So that was no help.

I'm also not syncing, use separate catalogs for each job, CPU is working as it should.

Anyone know if its possible roll back to the previous version until Adobe address the issue?

• 5. Re: sliders in lightroom after recent update not responding as before
                  garyw77548968 Level 1

My computer is a 2 month old Mac Book  Pro, so i know it's not that. I am gong to call Adobe tomorrow and see what they say.  I wish they would just admit they blew it on this upgrade.  

Gary Wiesner

Gary Wiesner Photography

908-334-7276

www.garywiesner.com

Date:Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 5:30 PM

Subject:[Photoshop Lightroom] sliders in lightroom after recent update not responding as before

sliders in lightroom after recent update not responding as before

created by Pxlvue in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussion

I'm having the same issue with exposure, contrast and tint and temp sliders as well. I have a habit of clicking on the bar, just to nudge over a little bit. The indicator actually moves, but no change is made. I attempted to chat with Adobe yesterday about this, the agent actually controlled my screen, and did saw the issue. However, after much troubleshooting he had no answer and refused to confirm that it was an issue. He told me it was my computer, which was laughable. Brand new 27" iMac with VIDIA GeForce GT 755M 1024 MB. So that was no help.

I'm also not syncing, use separate catalogs for each job, CPU is working as it should.

Anyone know if its possible roll back to the previous version until Adobe address the issue?

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7656867#7656867 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7656867#7656867

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"      

Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 6. Re: sliders in lightroom after recent update not responding as before
                    johnrellis Most Valuable Participant

Looks like a number of people are experiencing similar problems.  Please add your opinion and vote to this topic in the official Adobe feedback forum: http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-cc-exposure-slider-unrespo nsive-after-up-date. Continuing the discussion there will keep the discussion focused in one thread and make it more likely a solution will be found.  Adobe actively participates in that forum, but not in this one (a user-to-user forum).   Adding both a vote and a reply with the details of your problem will help Adobe understand the extent of the issue (or issues).