1 2 Previous Next 59 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2015 2:26 PM by Svyat.Alx

Lightroom failed to update to 2015.1 - no DeHaze tool

MoringelloPhoto Level 1

I got notice that PS 2015 and LR 2015 updates were available via the Creative Cloud widget.

PS updated  (WHOLE NEW APPLICATION AGAIN!!?? Ugh!!!)

Anyway, Lightroom did not update and the deHaze tool is not available.

CreativeCloud widget does not show any further updates being needed. i.e no longer shows LR needing updating.

What do you need to do to get the latest LR?

• 1. Re: Lightroom failed to update to 2015.1 - no DeHaze tool
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I would sign out (gear/prefs/signout) and back in and see if it changes its mind.  If that doesn’t work, then sign out, reboot, and see if it sees anything more to update.

I had to do an end-task on the two Creative Cloud processes (one with a black logo and one with a red one) from Task Manager more than once because the CC app hung trying to update itself, and then again trying to uninstall the previous updates, so it may just be confused.

• 2. Re: Lightroom failed to update to 2015.1 - no DeHaze tool
            MoringelloPhoto Level 1

Tried Logged out/in of CC and tried Rebooting.

No dice.

Killed all Adobe and CreativeCloud related processes I could find.

No dice.

CreativeCloud still says LR CC (2015 )  is Up To Date.

• 3. Re: Lightroom failed to update to 2015.1 - no DeHaze tool
              DdeGannes Adobe Community Professional

I believe that somehow Adobe is making the new update available to users on a phased basis. Early this morning I receiver the notification of the update. Opened Creative desktop application and it indicated the updates were available and I proceeded to update the applications. After the initial update processed and I checked Lightroom it was still at LR 2015.0. I tried again later in the day and same problem. The update appeared to proceed and complete as normal. Same result still version 2015.0.

Later in the evening I tried again and it finally got the version 2015.1. Third time lucky.

• 4. Re: Lightroom failed to update to 2015.1 - no DeHaze tool
                MoringelloPhoto Level 1

Uninstalled and re-installed.  Still not the latest version. ugh! WTF

I can see rolling it out partially, but don't say an update is available, then not actually allow it to install!!

• 5. Re: Lightroom failed to update to 2015.1 - no DeHaze tool
                  MoringelloPhoto Level 1

More irritating, is that my laptop updated. So why would a phased basis affect one machine and not the other I would expect it to be by account basis.

And of course, I cannot just download LR. Adobe isn't updating that.
                  So I am basically FUBAR!

Any ideas how to clear CreativeCloud's memory?Don't know what to do next, if an uninstall/re-install didn't work.

• 6. Re: Lightroom failed to update to 2015.1 - no DeHaze tool
                    MoringelloPhoto Level 1

Well, I found I could simply copy the updated "Adobe Lightroom" folder from my updated laptop to my non-updating machine. 

Obviously, this may not help everyone. But it may help those who might happen to have a second machine that did update.

• 7. Re: Lightroom failed to update to 2015.1 - no DeHaze tool
                      kipnead Level 1

I've been following this hoping mine would update but still no luck. I spent 40 minutes on and off hold with tech support yesterday and finally had to get off the phone asking photography support to email instructions. Their instructions were to do exactly what I had already told two different agents that I had already done. They didn't even read the case notes, so what is the point of having a case ID?

Very frustrated, and especially since Adobe seems to be ignoring this thread and the issue.

-Kip

• 8. Re: Lightroom failed to update to 2015.1 - no DeHaze tool
                        Keith_Reeder Level 4

kipnead wrote:

especially since Adobe seems to be ignoring this thread

This is a user-to-user forum, so that's pretty much a certainty.

• 9. Re: Lightroom failed to update to 2015.1 - no DeHaze tool
                          Keith_Reeder Level 4

kipnead wrote:

Their instructions were to do exactly what I had already told two different agents that I had already done.

Which was?

• 10. Re: Lightroom failed to update to 2015.1 - no DeHaze tool
                            kipnead Level 1

See case notes to 186760513 as I've now explained 3 times, the system isn't pushing the 2015.1 update for Lightroom CC. There were screenshots attached, did you not even look at them?

-Kip Nead

• 11. Re: Lightroom failed to update to 2015.1 - no DeHaze tool
                              ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

We are not Tech Support. We are users, just like you.

• 12. Re: Lightroom failed to update to 2015.1 - no DeHaze tool
                                Keith_Reeder Level 4

I'll try again:

You're a user. I'm a user.

This is not Adobe you're talking to.

Did you not even look at them my post?

• 13. Re: Lightroom failed to update to 2015.1 - no DeHaze tool
                                  Selby Shanly Level 1

I had the same problem.  However, first of all the CC App tried to update Lightroom and then the update failed due to a "download problem" as did the one for Bridge.  I tried again a few times with no luck.

I then rebooted my Windows 7 machine and then the CC App thought that there was no update for Lightroom.  So...  PS updated but not LR.

I tried going through Adobe Support but got some person who tried to give me the link to the Camera Raw plugin and then after 20-30 minutes admitted that he didn't know Lightroom and to try again on Monday when the Lightroom experts were around.

So I am still in the same position.

• 14. Re: Lightroom failed to update to 2015.1 - no DeHaze tool
                                    kipnead Level 1

My bad, didn't know I had set preferences to send me forum posts via

email and I've been waiting for an email response to the last lame email

tech support sent me. Here is what they sent me after I explained to,

1st the basic tech support, and then 2nd the photography group tech

support, that it wasn't pushing the update to me. It said to check:

1)Whether it is a creative cloud version of Lightroom. (As Dehaze is

not available in Perpetual version of Lightroom)

2)Lightroom 6.1 is installed.

3)If even after installing the update for Lightroom if the option is

missing, try to sign out from the creative cloud desktop app, rename

opm.db and open pref.dat file in notepad(windows) or textedit (mac)

and change the value from 1 to 0 and save the changes.

If unable to change the value from 1 to 0 provide permissions to

pref.dat file and then save the changes. Location for the file:

Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common

Files\Adobe\AAMUpdaterInventory\1.0

What is frustrating is that they have my account info so they know I'm a

CC subscriber, that 6.1 isn't installed (because that is why I was

calling them), therefore step 3 is moot, but I had told them I had

already done that anyway. So the email was a complete waste of time, and

I responded to it over 24 hours ago with screenshots just to make sure

they could see that it wasn't pushing the update.

Kip Nead

/"The purpose of life is to be happy"/-The Dalai Lama

• 15. Re: Lightroom failed to update to 2015.1 - no DeHaze tool
                                      kipnead Level 1

Except I deal with a number of software vendors through my work who sponsor forums but have tech moderators that jump in with help occasionally, or let us know that there is a known bug.

• 16. Re: Lightroom failed to update to 2015.1 - no DeHaze tool
                                        MoringelloPhoto Level 1

I think there is a problem upgrading from pre-CC versions.

I removed every trace of Lightroom files, even more than a complete Uninstall did.

Still, only the older version of LR will download and install via CC.

One thing that remains on disk with "Lightroom" information is the Adobe licensing database.

I'm not sure I want to just go and delete that.  But I probably have no choice.

I will probably compete remove LR, PS and CC, delete all files than re-download from scratch.  But I don't have time to do that now, nor the patience to deal with Adobe "lack of" support right now.

• 17. Re: Lightroom failed to update to 2015.1 - no DeHaze tool
                                          MoringelloPhoto Level 1

OK got mine fixed after creating lots of bigger problems for myself.

I think the basic solution would be to

1. Quit CC

2. BACK UP then remove or rename the following file:
                                          ~/Library/Application support/Adobe/OOBE/opm.db

This is on Mac. Not sure where it would be on Windows but you can do a find.

3. Then Sign out of CC and sign back in. That should reconstruct the license database.

I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling which did not help. Then I removed almost every Adobe file I could find.  Just made things worse.  I hope this helps with less trouble.

Anyway things are now working, I just ned to re-install all the plugins, etc... ugh

• 18. Re: Lightroom failed to update to 2015.1 - no DeHaze tool
                                            Geoff the kiwi Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I suggest you sign out from the CC app, Uninstall Lightroom using the Uninstaller, restart your computer, Open the CC app and reinstall Lightroom.

The installer installs the app then a patch I think and it seems your install missed the patch somehow...

• 19. Re: Lightroom failed to update to 2015.1 - no DeHaze tool
                                              Jeremy Enness

I had the same problem, logging in and out does not help. In the end I uninstalled Lightroom CC 2015 and then downloaded it again, this time I got LR CC 2015-1 with De-Haze.

• 20. Re: Lightroom failed to update to 2015.1 - no DeHaze tool
                                                kipnead Level 1

I've tried this, twice, no success. Getting very frustrated. My CC subscription charge auto-payment went through over the weekend just fine though. So their system to charge us is working perfectly, just not the delivery of the actual product.

• 21. Re: Lightroom failed to update to 2015.1 - no DeHaze tool

Kip Nead wrote:

I've tried this, twice, no success. Getting very frustrated. My CC subscription charge auto-payment went through over the weekend just fine though. So their system to charge us is working perfectly, just not the delivery of the actual product.

What did you try exactly?? Please always supply as much information as possible...

• 22. Re: Lightroom failed to update to 2015.1 - no DeHaze tool
                                                    kipnead Level 1

Geoff-

Sorry I always expect the forum to post responses inline to the post they are responding to. I was responding to your post:

"I suggest you sign out from the CC app, Uninstall Lightroom using the Uninstaller, restart your computer, Open the CC app and reinstall Lightroom.

The installer installs the app then a patch I think and it seems your install missed the patch somehow..."

Here's what I've tried multiple times:

Sign out, uninstall, reinstall.

Checked the x86 file sturcture to make sure that it didn't download in the background and just fail to register.

Spoke with regular tech support, escalated to photography tech support, after 40 minutes I had to get off the line, they said they'd email instructions, which were to try what I just outlined above, and which I had already told them I had tried.

• 23. Re: Lightroom failed to update to 2015.1 - no DeHaze tool
                                                      MoringelloPhoto Level 1

Have you tried removing the "Application support/Adobe/OOBE/opm.db" file? This thing have problems periodically and causes all sorts of problems with the CC service.

Uninstall LR, Quit CC, (You may also have to manually kill any Adobe and CC processes to ensure the file is not locked... Adobe fills your PC with tons of **** processes.  BLOAT!)

Remove/rename the opm.db file. Start CC and log back in. 

Now see if the correct LR version installs.

Removing that file is the only thing Adobe did differently than anything I had already tried.

• 24. Re: Lightroom failed to update to 2015.1 - no DeHaze tool
                                                        kipnead Level 1

"Have you tried removing the "Application support/Adobe/OOBE/opm.db" file? This thing have problems periodically and causes all sorts of problems with the CC service."

I did a search and couldn't find an "opm.db" file in the system.

But I'll check the file structure again at lunch.

• 25. Re: Lightroom failed to update to 2015.1 - no DeHaze tool
                                                          MoringelloPhoto Level 1

Might be hidden.

Windows: [System drive]:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE\opm.db

Mac OS: /Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/opm.db

You can find references in several Adobe documents, but the first one I found is here:

"Unknown Server Error" | Log in to Creative Cloud

The problem is not the same, but this file seems to be responsible for several types of CC issues.

It seemed to somehow be at the root of my issue. 
                                                          Good luck. I hope it helps.

• 26. Re: Lightroom failed to update to 2015.1 - no DeHaze tool
                                                            kipnead Level 1

Thanks! The email from tech support had told me to look for it in the x86 program files, I didn't think to check back in AppData.

• 27. Re: Lightroom failed to update to 2015.1 - no DeHaze tool
                                                              Selby Shanly Level 1

I'm still stuck.  Spent 2 more hours with Adobe's technical support.  The first guy was in the install group who spent some time poking around in my machine and then stated that since the CC App was showing that Lightroom didn't need upgrading that therefore I had the latest version.  I then asked him if he knew Lightroom.  He then passed me off to someone else in Lightroom support (another 20 minute wait) and finally I had someone who understood.  However, after about 15 minutes of him poking around, we got abruptly and unexpectedly disconnected so I was nowhere.

So I decided to try some of the recommended cures.

I signed off.  Got rid of enough Adobe processes so I could rename opm.db to something else.  I renamed opm.db.  Then I rebooted Windows 7.

When it came up, I logged into the CC App.  It still didn't want to update Lightroom.  So I uninstalled Lightroom, saving my preferences.  I then installed/upgraded Lightroom in the CC App.

BUT... after the install, I still had the old LR CC 2015 - without dehaze.  (Also, if you check the "About" info, it says it has camera raw 9.0 instead of 9.1).

SO...   I'll try tomorrow and hope I get someone in Lightroom support.

If anyone has any other ideas, please let me know.

Thanks.

• 28. Re: Lightroom failed to update to 2015.1 - no DeHaze tool
                                                                kipnead Level 1

I'm at basically the same place as you Selby. I've been through those same problems with tech support too. I tried logging out, renaming the opm.db, restarting, then logging in again, but still only have 2015 with no de-haze.

Sigh...

• 29. Re: Lightroom failed to update to 2015.1 - no DeHaze tool
                                                                  Selby Shanly Level 1

I'm beginning to wonder if the dehaze capability is actually there with LR CC 2015, but requires some other action to flip it on.  This suspicion began today when I read a post (thread 1872965) showing how to put dehaze in a development preset in Lightroom 6.1.

This would explain why there is no additional software to download - it's already there.  We need the other action/setting (whatever it may be) to activate the feature.

Just a suspicion at this point.  I will try Adobe support again.  This time I will try to go directly to the Lightroom folks by not opening it as a problem with installation.

Selby

• 30. Re: Lightroom failed to update to 2015.1 - no DeHaze tool

Selby Shanly wrote:

I'm beginning to wonder if the dehaze capability is actually there with LR CC 2015, but requires some other action to flip it on.  This suspicion began today when I read a post (thread 1872965) showing how to put dehaze in a development preset in Lightroom 6.1.

This would explain why there is no additional software to download - it's already there.  We need the other action/setting (whatever it may be) to activate the feature.

Just a suspicion at this point.  I will try Adobe support again.  This time I will try to go directly to the Lightroom folks by not opening it as a problem with installation.

Selby

Not correct at all...  sorry to spoil that speculation...

• 31. Re: Lightroom failed to update to 2015.1 - no DeHaze tool
                                                                      Selby Shanly Level 1

Adobe has obviously realized that some people had a problem getting the update.

When I booted up this morning, having tried nothing yesterday, the CC App pushed a new update for LR CC 2015 at me.  It was obviously small (took very little time) and when it was done, I had 2015.1 (bottom left corner of splash screen).

The dehaze feature is there, and appears that it's going to be very useful in more than just obviously very hazy pictures.  Just a touch can really clear up minor distance haze (assuming you want to clear it up...).  Nice.

• 32. Re: Lightroom failed to update to 2015.1 - no DeHaze tool

Lightroom is now being updated with patches rather than full updates.

With this upgrade the new full d/load was required followed by a patch.... somehow you patch has ben lost/delayed...... Why?? I wouldn't have any idea.

Thanks for reporting your news though...

• 33. Re: Lightroom failed to update to 2015.1 - no DeHaze tool
                                                                          tristanh72 Level 1

Count me in with the same issue.

Logged in and out.

Uninstalled, reinstalled. Both CC and Lightroom.

Deleted the entire oobe folder and the as update (I forget the exact name, in the app data folder).

Spent several hours with various techs on chat,  which culminated in having me try to install from a new windows account.  That didn't work either.

Tried to download from the link for the trial version, that still installed 2015, not 2015.1

On my surface, it updated fine. On the pc, nothing.

• 34. Re: Lightroom failed to update to 2015.1 - no DeHaze tool
                                                                            kipnead Level 1

Well I finally have 2015.1 after a long arduous journey. I spent another hour and a half on the phone with photography tech support, bottom line is that somehow there was a registry key or file somewhere that recognized that I used to have a perpetual licences for Lightroom 5.0 (I converted to CC at 5.5) so even though I was using Creative Cloud to update, and even though on the CC App screen it was showing Lightroom CC as the version, it was actually installing Lightroom 6.0, the perpetual license version. The tech that worked with me uninstalled and reinstalled three times unsuccessfully, but finally got a supervisor to assist her. They deleted the file that was causing the problem, and on the fourth attempt I got Lightroom CC 2015, and about an hour later it pushed the 2015.1 update to me. It was baffling because I previously had a perpetual Photoshop license as well, but the install of Photoshop CC 2015 was correct.

I wish I could tell you which file they deleted, but for the last half hour I was making dinner and just going back to the computer to log in when she asked me to. (After the first hour I at least knew I wasn't crazy as she tried all the same things I had tried.) I suspect there is an old registry key that is causing the problem and that Adobe will have to update their installer to make sure that file/key gets deleted on update. I have an older Windows 7 machine that I had scrubbed a few months back thinking I was going to sell it, so it didn't have any artifacts from the perpetual versions and it updated just fine. For now if you are still having trouble, the photography techs do know it's a problem and hopefully are documenting their fixes so that it doesn't take as long when you call.

• 35. Re: Lightroom failed to update to 2015.1 - no DeHaze tool
                                                                              MoringelloPhoto Level 1

I hope they do document it and share the info. Better yet, maybe fix the issue since we're all paying every month for this convenience!
                                                                              The person who got mine working pretty much said it was not his department to fix the problem so he couldn't do anything about making sure anyone else knew about it.

Adobe support is really pretty much trash sometimes.  Of the five times I've had to call them for bugs in their software I've had one great experience. The rest make me feel like choosing between pulling half my teeth then gnawing off my right arm with what's left, or calling Adobe support. 

• 36. Re: Lightroom failed to update to 2015.1 - no DeHaze tool
                                                                                ProDesignTools MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Hey Kip, glad to hear you got it going.

The way it works is definitely a bit confusing.  Even though Creative Cloud 2015 was just released, Lightroom CC 2015 has been out for two months already and just got its first updates...

And importantly, the base program installer for Lightroom 6/CC is always always always the 6.0 / 2015.0 version.  Even with this latest revision.

So first you install that, and then you need to apply the update patches on top of that installation to bring it up to the Lightroom 6.1 / 2015.1 version.

Normally the CC Desktop app does all that for you – but if not, then it's a good time to try the Lightroom 6/CC Update direct links instead.

Usually, that does the trick... but not always, if there's something else going on (as you discovered)...

In that case, the last thing to do (nuclear option) is use the Adobe Cleaner Tool to completely remove all traces, reboot your computer, and then reinstall from the top.

Hopefully, we'll help someone else figure it out through all of this!

• 37. Re: Lightroom failed to update to 2015.1 - no DeHaze tool
                                                                                  Chetna Srivastava Adobe Employee

Hi,

Sorry to hear about all the troubles that you had to go through.

I would suggest you try to update Lightroom through manual update link if the you are unable to update through Creative Cloud Application.

Close all Adobe Programs and follow the below steps to update manually.

1, Open the below link and make sure you are signed in

http://www.adobe.com/go/tryphotoshop_elements/

(you do not have to start the download for Photoshop Elements, this is just for reference to initiate download of Lightroom update.

2. Open the below link to download Lightroom update setup

Mac : http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2014-updates-links-mac.html#lightroom

Windows : http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2014-updates-links-windows.html#lightroom

3. Run the installer file to install the update.

then, launch Lightroom and check if you have CC2015.1 release and if you are able to access Dehaze feature or not.

Regards,

Chetna

• 38. Re: Lightroom failed to update to 2015.1 - no DeHaze tool
                                                                                    michaelwinnerholt Level 1

Still doesn´t work for me... Any new suggestions about what to do?

• 39. Re: Lightroom failed to update to 2015.1 - no DeHaze tool
                                                                                      John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Confirm which version of Lightroom you're running.

Help (Win) or Lightroom (Mac) > About

Should be CC (2015.1)

1 2 Previous Next