3 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2006 9:26 AM by Ethereal_Mike

launch executble file

Level 7
      How do you launch an executable file from a link? When the user clicks on
      the link, I want the executable demo to run.

• 1. Re: launch executble file
          Ethereal_Mike Level 1
          I'm not sure this is possible. This would be a huge security risk if it were possible. I certainly would not want to run an executable not knowing how it may damage my system..i.e. viruses trojans
          • 2. Re: launch executble file
            Level 7
            Thanks for replying to my post. I agree and that was my concern. I was
            given a macromedia projector executable .exe file and was asked to launch
            the executable file from a link and have the executable demo run. First, I
            wasn't sure this was possible. Second, I thought was a security concern
            running executables from a website link.

I would think the exe projector file would be fine if running from a CD, but
            not from the web. I wanted to ask about this?

Should I ask that the original source file be saved as a .SWF file for
            viewing from the web?

"Ethereal_Mike" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:e418ct$ekl$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > I'm not sure this is possible. This would be a huge security risk if it
            were possible. I certainly would not want to run an executable not knowing
            how it may damage my system..i.e. viruses trojans

• 3. Re: launch executble file
              Ethereal_Mike Level 1
              Having the file run from a CD would be fine. I would convert to Flash though if I were wanting to run it from the web.