6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2015 6:00 PM by marlettm93289776

Why is my font size so small?

marlettm93289776

I have been doing digital designs for over a yr now & just noticed the last few times when I try & make a new Design "template" I input the # first lets say and I want it for a birthday shirt so the # has to be larger than the design im adding. the # is super small. I have the font size to 999 and its very little. Im so use to just going into the saved template and editing it but I mean I paid a lot of $ for this program for it to not be working.Sample of what I do and I can not get the font that big anymore

Any ideas?? Help!!!icm_fullxfull_62481012_5nywx0c3ltc8oko4ocks.jpg

• 1. Re: Why is my font size so small?
          Herbert2001 Level 4

The answer is simple: Fireworks was never meant to be used for high resolution print work, and is squarely aimed at creating low resolution screen sized artwork (with 4k screens Fireworks is becoming unsuitable as well).

Your file is a high resolution template sized 1898 by 2610 pixels at 345ppi. Fireworks can only add type which is max 999px in size, and it looks small compared to that giant number in the background.

In a nutshell: you are attempting to create print (t-shirt) work in a design application which was never designed with that type of job in mind in the first place.

Anyway, there is a work-around. Type your text, and scale it up by transforming instead of using the font size. Select the text layer, and choose MODIFY-->TRANSFORM-->FREE TRANSFORM (ctrl-t). Only drag the corner handles - otherwise you will scale non-proportionally, and destroy the look of the type face.

• 2. Re: Why is my font size so small?
            marlettm93289776 Level 1

HI thanks for that info. Ive always used firworks & have had no issues till

now The question is how do I get my big # in the background big like that

again? wording wise like the name is not the issue its getting the giant #

again the background? I use to use something like size 500 fir the giant #

and as you can see if was big for what I needed it but now 500 is tiny?

what am I doing wrong. do I need to change the size of the template itself?

any suggestions

On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 7:33 AM, Herbert2001 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 3. Re: Why is my font size so small?
              Herbert2001 Level 4

If you were able to use 500px for the large number previously, it means the file(s) you worked on earlier were of a much lower resolution (no more than about 500~600 pixels in height). Fireworks does not allow for font sizes that exceed 999 pixels.

In this case you would either have to use transformation to scale up the number, or scale down the file's resolution. The first option is preferable, since it retains a much higher quality.

If I may ask, where did you get this template from?

• 4. Re: Why is my font size so small?
                marlettm93289776 Level 1

Hi

so your saying I should use pixels rather than inches? also my friend who

does digital designs sent me most of the templates I have she made them  &

I purchased them from her. I always get custom request but this is the

problem ive been having so I rather do them myself & save me that extra $

and not have to pay my friend to do the designs for me

On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 1:13 PM, Herbert2001 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 5. Re: Why is my font size so small?
                  marlettm93289776 Level 1

and what about the width? & what should I have the resolution as?

On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 5:43 PM, marlett montejano <tutucute951@gmail.com>

• 6. Re: Why is my font size so small?
                    marlettm93289776 Level 1

hers a few samples of the designs she does for me

On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 5:45 PM, marlett montejano <tutucute951@gmail.com>