• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Speedgrade CC 2015 reverts all layers back to default when opened again.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys I have just downloaded the new versions for work and already cant seem to get past the bugs.

I've had several Prem Jobs passed down the pipeline for colour grading and speedgrade has been fine for the initial grading looks. However If i open the same project a second time to make changes to my grades they are removed and reset to default again undoing all the grading I have spent time on and returning the look to un edited scopes etc.

I notice that when I open it a second time there is a lumetri layer that I can not delete and any attempt to adjust any settings forces a revert.

Am I missing some new process or setting in CC2015?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Guys. This a know issue :-(, this bug slipped in at the eleventh hour and is MAC CC2015 ONLY. Windows CC2015 version is fine.

Dennis Weinmann assured me his team is working on a fix. Until then, I'm sorry to say that my advise as an Adobe Certified Trainer is: DON'T use DIRECT LINK on MAC with CC2015 until this it fixed.

I'm sure they will come with a fix really soon, and then we can all forget about it. :-).

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 104 Replies 104
Participant ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌i am experiencing the same problem. I cannot edit my previous grades (opened from a premiere project-done in cc2014 speed grade . Speedgrade 2015 will not let me edit my previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are experiencing the exact same problem.

When I roundtrip from Premiere to Speedgrade, it works perfectly (way better than Speedgrade CC2014).

But when I roundtrip again, the grades are intact in Speedgrade, but all my layers I created before are gone,.

And when I turn of a layer and back on again the whole grade is gone and I can start over.

Tried this on 2 systems (Macbook Pro Mid 2014 and an iMac late 2013) with the same results

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same problem... I work on a MacBookPro with OSX 10.10.3 and SpeedGrade CC (2015). I just reinstall all my MBP few hours ago, the problem persist.

So now, I can't work with speedgrade and my workflow is completely broken... It is not acceptable!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem-

chrisg1 wrote:

Hi Guys I have just downloaded the new versions for work and already cant seem to get past the bugs.

I've had several Prem Jobs passed down the pipeline for colour grading and speedgrade has been fine for the initial grading looks. However If i open the same project a second time to make changes to my grades they are removed and reset to default again undoing all the grading I have spent time on and returning the look to un edited scopes etc.

I notice that when I open it a second time there is a lumetri layer that I can not delete and any attempt to adjust any settings forces a revert.

Am I missing some new process or setting in CC2015?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As there is no solution (unless we are all thick) Just save each look and reapply them when needed. Lame but there is no other way until Mr Adobe fix it or tell us what we are doing wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even do that... It isn't saving any of the layers for me at any point. Maybe I am not fully understanding what you're saying? Can you explain a bit more what you mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To finish the job I saved each look I made, there is a save look icon on the same panel where you put your primary and secondary looks. So if I have to make some changes I just put it back and make changes.

Alfredo Violante

violante.co.uk

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand your solution. However we work with complex and lengthy amounts of content for High profile clients that want changes at the drop of a hat.

To make dozens of custom looks not to mention re masking and motion tracking etc it's just not feasible to use speed grade this way.

At this point we will be moving to other software if Adobe cant correct this very obvious and unacceptable problem sooner rather than later.

Please understand that I'm not trying to heap hate onto adobe. At this point we are emailing and asking any freelancers along with the other members of our studio to avoid updating to this version of adobe. As a personal point I am also alerting friends in the industry of the issue and urging them to keep their pipelines as is.

I'd like to think Adobe is monitoring their own forums and taking in this issue on a wider scale than a few troubleshooting phone calls however this doesn't seem to be the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have spent 3 hours too at phone with the customers service. They have answered me the same think of you... We have to wait, but this practice is inacceptable!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just spent 3 hours on the phone with tech support about this. They couldn't fix it. She said she'd have to discuss it with the higher ups to try to find a solution and that she'd try to call me back by the end of the day tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌on a somewhat related note -no  lumetri  effects are showing up on any renders though media encoder 2015. What a broken buggy release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys. This a know issue :-(, this bug slipped in at the eleventh hour and is MAC CC2015 ONLY. Windows CC2015 version is fine.

Dennis Weinmann assured me his team is working on a fix. Until then, I'm sorry to say that my advise as an Adobe Certified Trainer is: DON'T use DIRECT LINK on MAC with CC2015 until this it fixed.

I'm sure they will come with a fix really soon, and then we can all forget about it. :-).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE. Given that you have MULTIPLE WAYS to signal this super serious issue to people - via:
The desktop CC Update widget,
The F1 Help Menu

YOur Mailing Database

Why on earth do we have to trawl through threads to discover the same thing?

I have requested to Adobe that Know Issues are prominently displayed on the F1 Page for years.

Falling on Deaf ears

If the complete lack of functionality 'slipped' through the release team, then we are in trouble.

Even replying to this post crashed! For some reason, Joost chose to change his name?

Screenshot 2015-06-19 09.01.15.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Blabberlicious, I was signed in via an account that I use for testing, so I deleted that post and reposted using my proper account. No renaming 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not implying you were being shady!

best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning, I have just been testing on my second seat at home:

27inch iMac
Yosemite 10.10.3
32 Gb Ram,

Geoforce 780m, CUDA 6.5.51

All working as expected.
Lumetri edits retained after re-opening project.

Mixing PP lum grades > DL Speedgrade edits working

Now that it works (?) I actually like the workflow of being able to a quick technical, then finesse in SG.

Why is it broken on the IDENTICAL workstation at my studio?

No idea!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are the issues:

- Pr Lumetri effects are reset in Sg as soon as you eyeball the Pr layer in Sg off and and back on.

- Grades you do in Sg are gone the second time you open/DL the .prproj in Sg.

The workaround (if you want to call it that), Is to NOT touch the eyeball of the Pr layer in Sg if you don't want to change anything (the earlier grade is contained in the Pr layer). Or to start over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh man - confirmed. Back to 2014

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue is that I can't even go back to 2014- It gives me an error saying the file has already been opened in a newer version. I guess I just have to sit and wait for them to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct. prproj files are not downward compatible. If you want/need to go back. Export an XML out of Pr CC2015 and open that in Pr CC2014.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would converting to an XML save all the old Speedgrade data, though?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 03, 2015 Jul 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just stumbled across this lame "reset adjustments" bug in a project. Half way though grading and all of the sudden I can't copy adjustments to other clips, and then if I disable the Primary grade and re-enable, everything is reset.... ugh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines