1 2 Previous Next 48 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2016 7:27 AM by jaldrichrlba Go to original post
      • 40. Re: "Save for web" as "legacy" in Photoshop CC (2015)?
        cgeo21

I agree with this and hope that Adobe listens to its users before phasing out features. The CC model depends on it.

• 41. Re: "Save for web" as "legacy" in Photoshop CC (2015)?
          AtonMusic Level 2

This once fine application (Photoshop) is being ruined - year by year. Great features are being removed. New ones which are yielding poor results are being added. Performance is degrading on OS X so badly that I am using Affinity Photo more and more.

That said, this is not just photoshop and it is NOT just me. I use this app professionally and have numerous of colleagues urging the same concerns. One had a personal meeting with adobe in their Hamburg office expressing his concerns.

He said 'The spirit' once present in those offices was completely gone. Almost appeared as if they were bewildered.

I too am VERY bewildered. Very. And although Affinity (IMO) is NOT quite 'there' yet. They have definitely realized that adobe is loosing ground big time and they are picking where adobe left off.

And their software is amazing and although I have been using adobe since about 23 years I cannot wait for the day where I can cancel my adobe subscription and deinstall all that software that keeps getting slower and slower and performs worse and worse.

Sad Sad Times, in my life concerning my Professional Work Software. Who would have thought that this company would hit such an all time low !

• 42. Re: "Save for web" as "legacy" in Photoshop CC (2015)?
            AtonMusic Level 2

cgeo21 wrote:

I agree with this and hope that Adobe listens to its users before phasing out features. The CC model depends on it.

Funny... Had they listened to their clients in the first place. They would not have induced the CC model in the first place.

And who is adobe ? Where are they located ? It seems as if adobe is a cluster scattered all over the planet, without phones in their office, with 100s of developers NOT working together

• 43. Re: "Save for web" as "legacy" in Photoshop CC (2015)?
              mvheim

They seemed to have stripped all these export options out of CC2014 and CS6 as well. As of right now, I have no way to export a PNG with correct color, in any of the three versions I have. This is absolutely intolerable.

How can they do that?!!! Retroactively remove features from legacy versions???!!!

• 44. Re: "Save for web" as "legacy" in Photoshop CC (2015)?
                mvheim Level 1

To elaborate, "Save for Web" is either missing or grayed out as an option in all three versions of Photoshop. Export only works as "quick export PNG", and when I do this, it makes the image 25% darker overall. I have no way of saving a JPEG of any kind — not using Save As or Export. As far as I am concerned, not only is Photoshop completely broken, but they have STOLEN my copy of CS6, by "updating" it so that it no longer functions.

• 45. Re: "Save for web" as "legacy" in Photoshop CC (2015)?
                  maxelcat Level 1

I'd like to add my voice.

I really like the new save as assets functionality. In some workflows it is excellent!

However, I often will do simple tasks that don't really require the saving of a psd and the use the save for web to create a jpeg for a client etc. In order to do this I now have to either create a psd first or use cntrl-shift-slt-s. I don't really want to litter my pc with lots of necessary, small psds that I would then want to delete -creating more steps in the workflow.

At the moment I can quickly save out - butt the word 'legacy' worries me.

Please can we have the save to web back?

• 46. Re: "Save for web" as "legacy" in Photoshop CC (2015)?
                    maxelcat Level 1

of course I meant 'unnecessary' not necessary

• 48. Re: "Save for web" as "legacy" in Photoshop CC (2015)?
                      jaldrichrlba Level 1

So those of us who use Save for Web because email are out of luck?

1 2 Previous Next