It seems to not work only when i'm working on master pages.
Can you please tell what OS you are on? Is this something happening with only one specific document or is it happening with other documents as well? I cannot reproduce this with document created in 2014 and opened in 2015. Any more detail would be helpful.
I just did a test: I created a new document in InDesign CC 2014, and created objects colored by a Yellow swatch. If I opened the Swatches panel, and previewed, I could change their colors of the objects by changing the color values. I saved the file and closed it.
I opened the file in InDesign CC 2015. I have no problems changing the swatch colors of the objects in the same way.
Try restoring your InDesign preferences:
I work on OS X 10.10.3
The problem occurs only in master pages.
If I work on regular page and change a color from the swatches panel. It will also be reflected in the page (even from the dialog, when preview is checked).
If I work on the Master page and change a color from the swatches panel, it will not change in the master page.
ok, it seems not related to previous versions of indesign.
in CC2015, master pages do not change when a color swatch is edited from the swatches panel.
try to build a simple color patch on master page a color swatch. Them try to edit the collar swatch and see of it changes on the master page.
Works fine here.
The forums don't accept email attachments. You'll need to provide a link to the file on a server someplace.
Thanks for the details, I can reproduce the issue at my end. This seems like a refresh bug, swatch actually gets changed for objects on master pages but it does not display it correctly, if you change your view to overprint preview, it displays correctly. It also displays correctly if move object.
I assumed it was refresh bug, but this is giving me a lot of headache now.
I'm doing a lot of color testing and i used to see any change live while still on the color dialog.
Now its not possible anymore.
Hope it will be fixes soon. Shame that the CC update deleted the previous version.
I'm also seeing this bug.