It isn't paragraph shading -- even if it were a back-saved file from an original created in CC (2015) that wouldn't be supported in CS6.
It sounds like a substituted glyphs highlight, but you say you turned that off. How about showing us a screen shot?
Thanks for your reply - attached is a screen grab showing the blue text with the yellow 'highlight' in question.
Another (maybe related issue) is the 'cross through' over the word 'cotton'. It's a rectangle frame not a rule, but has an outset yellow rule surrounding it (text wrap to rectangle is "0") and all in question are on same layer.
I wondered if the para shading option might be based on existing (CS6) functionality.
Paragraph shading is 100% new with yesterday's new version release.
Do you have tracked changes enabled? I don't think that would show in the layout editor...
You might have to share a sample page fro us to track this down.
The tracked changes wasn't enabled by the originator.
It does have some unfamiliar (to me) properties, being visible under the 'end of story' icon - which is non selectable.
How do I go about sharing an ID file on the forum? I tried uploading a file with the 'edit' menu at the top but I couldn't work out where it would put it?
You have to put it on an external server, like Dropbox, if you use that, or another file share service.
Window>Type and Tables>Conditional Text
In the panel - there's an option to Show or Hide the Conditional text.
For some reason the Student Answers are layered using Conditional Text.
You can also toggle the highlighting for the text with the panel.
Thanks Eugene, I hadn't thought of conditional text. Makes sense the answers would be conditional for a teacher's edition. The yellow outline on the blue bar is also a conditional marker -- the bar is an anchored object in the text flow.
thanks very much both - I didn't realise that Conditional text was 'flagable'!
Neither did I
What I did to troubleshoot this was export to IDML
Then change the extension to .zip
Then I found the XML file with the text and opened it in a text editor, in the xml file it was tagged as Conditional Text.
That's how I troubleshot this file.