• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sites do not recognize I have Flash

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2006 Dec 26, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of Flash but when I go to a site that requires it the site does not recognize that I have it and tells me to get it. I go to the site and go throught the download proceedure and go back to the site and it still won't work? How can I correct this problem?????

Thanks,
sp1ke56

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which site ? It could well be a bug in the html tags for flash detection in
the site itself.
--
Jeckyl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is one site and the other was a site I was referred to but I don't remember what it was?

http://www.matchbox.com/home.aspx

Thanks,
sp1ke56

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sp1key:

I'm having the same problem. I went to You Tube and the site immediately pops up and says that I don't have the latest version of Flash Player. I clicked on the "get the latest version" link and went to the update page. When I clicked on the download now button the page immediately changed to say download successful. I wasn't given any options to download, no file path, nothing. Just a message saying download successful. I went back to the youtube page and tried again. I got the same result; it doesn't recognize my Flash player. Here's the youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLt5_ME_2_M

You Tube isn't the only site I had a problem with today. I also had a problem with the Sony site. They don't recognize that I have the latest Flash version either. I have no idea what's wrong. Can someone help me figure this out?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2006 Dec 27, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pancho,
What you described is what happened to me but when I went to the youtube site everything worked fine. Even thought the kids playing the music were about the age of my grandkids I actually listened to and enjoyed the entire song. I guess it must just be certain sites that have conflict with Flash???

sp1ke56

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sp1ke:

I tried the site in your post and got the message that I didn't have the latest version of Flash. Once again I did the download thing and went back to the site. It still doesn't recoginze my Flash. Is there anyone here from Adobe that can answer our question?

Pancho

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. One second flash sites were working, now they're not. I've downloaded, installed, uninstalled, reinstalled, and I still can't view flash items through the browser.

This is the message I get:
The page “ussoccer.com - Home” has content of MIME type “application/x-shockwave-flash”, but you don’t have a plug-in installed for this MIME type. A plug-in should be available on this page:
http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplaye

I've searched for "application/x-shockwave-flash" on the adobe site but can't find any answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2009 Dec 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I'm having the same problem. One second flash sites were working, now they're not. I've downloaded, installed, uninstalled, reinstalled, and I still can't view flash items through the browser.

This is the message I get: 
The page “ussoccer.com - Home” has content of MIME type “application/x-shockwave-flash”, but you don’t have a plug-in installed for this MIME type. A plug-in should be available on this page:
http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplaye

I've searched for "application/x-shockwave-flash" on the adobe site but can't find any answers.  "

Download the latest Adobe Flash Player (http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html) and install it (Download both active-x and plug-in) (right click and install as an administrator if your using Vista or Windows 7)

Google to download Shockwave Player 11.5. Should fix your problem. http://get.adobe.com/br/shockwave/

I know this post is old but the answer is in reference to future readers whom may be able to use this info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2006 Dec 30, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had same problem. After MANY attempts to install FP for use with IE, I finally got the Adobe 'You have successfully installed Flash Player' only to find that Flash was being detected by only certain sites (such as funbrain.com for kids) but comedycentral.com and youtube.com -- nada.

As I posted elsewhere, I gave up on FP for IE, and I am happy to say FP DOES work with no problems for all sites with Netscape 8.1.2. So if you are as tired as I was trying to get FP to work with IE - try Netscape 8.1.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem. One day about 2 months ago, webpages that had worked perfectly in the past (such as playlist.com) suddenly told me that I don't have the latest version installed (Flash Player 10).

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times but no dice. I also have Adobe CS4 installed - not sure if the problem is related? According to the Flash Version Test, I have WIN 9,0,45,0 running. According to my program files folder, I have Flash Player 10,0,22,87 installed. I have tried deleting and unistalling the player and associated files to no avail. Same problem occurs with both Explorer and Chrome.

This is very frustrating.

edit: Following the advice above, I installed Netscape browser, and voila! - playlist.com finally agrees that I do have the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of you guys are having problems with your Active X Plugins. Try uninstallin any adobe flash player in your control panel, then download both versions of flash player (Active-X and plug-in) versions 10.1 from Adobe. Should fix this issue. If it doesn't, then google how to manualy delete the active-x controller and plug-in from your computer and browser, then re-install said flash versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sp1ke56, since this thread was started by you, I'll respond to you.

Post back please with your OS and the version of the browser you are using.  I need this basic information first.

In addition, which version of FP are you trying to install and which version did you uninstall? The latest FP version is 10.0.42.34, the prior was 10.0.32.18.

It can be something very simple.

Thanks

Message was edited by: eidnolb   add'l info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines