2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2015 3:38 AM by pl_svn

LR 6 desktop only (no CC, please!)

pl_svn Level 1

hi

LR user since v3 here. purchased and installed yesterday LR6

what a nightmare getting it up and running, instead of just crashing, has been! :-/

plus... all those "extras" LR installer adds really did a useless mess on my whole system :rolleyes:

(deeply regret purchasing this "upgrade": only did to future-proof my LR installation)

now... all I want and need is the app itself on my computer (plus, obviously, ability to install future updates): what should/can I safely unisntall among all those CC extras?

thanks

• 1. Re: LR 6 desktop only (no CC, please!)
          99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

NamePlate.png

There is nothing not required by the application to my knowledge. The welcome screen with “get started tips” can be turned off by scrolling to the bottom and putting a checkmark against “do not show again” If you find the trial for LR mobile annoying you can get rid of it. Try hovering with your mouse/pointer over the Name Plate (see image above) until the icon for the pull-down menu shows up. Click on it, to see the activity window and then click the pause button next to LR Mobile.

• 2. Re: LR 6 desktop only (no CC, please!)
            pl_svn Level 1

thank you jon: already disabled (as soon as i could the app to launch, I mean ) any synching/CC related feature

nothing not required? :-/

I can see at least 8-9 *pseudo* apps with obscure names, spread in various folders/subfolders on my HD and uselessly taking spaces in "Launch Center" :-/

all of those are needed for LR6 to work in desktop mode only?