3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2015 2:18 PM by KJerryK

How to export a scene

veronicac92544291 Level 1

Is the export option available? I tried to export a scene but it didn't work or maybe I didn't do it properly...

• 1. Re: How to export a scene
          KJerryK MVP & Adobe Community Professional

The File/Export/Scene operation will create a folder containing all the frames in the scene as individual png files, and also wav files for the audio. Have you tried that?

The next step is to decide what you want to do with the export -- convert to a video file? Open in After Effects or Premiere Pro?

• 2. Re: How to export a scene
            veronicac92544291 Level 1

thanks! I did open it in After Effects but is there a way to export it in a video file from Character Animator? Or does it have to go through Premiere or After Effects? Thanks again for your response  

• 3. Re: How to export a scene
              KJerryK MVP & Adobe Community Professional

As far as I know there is no way to export from Ch directly to a video file. The easiest way, after exporting the frames, is to drag the xml file into Adobe Media Encoder and transcode from there. It is important to know that if you want a transparent background in the video, there are few options for this in AME. When I do it I use the mov format with the GoPro Cineform with alpha codec, or the avi format with avi alpha codec. But you need to have these installed.