3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2015 1:40 AM by Dominic Michael

The parameter is incorrect

ekw0357 Level 1

My users get the following error when attempting to insert a hyperlink:  'The parameter is incorrect'. when I choose INSERT/ LINK/ GO TO WEBPAGE (or any of the selected) - The parameter is incorrect box appears - OK / The Insert Link box appears.  When I select (for example) BROWSE TO WEB PAGE and fill in the rest of the info, Contribute will CRASH or STOP WORKING.  Message reads: A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

The edits my user is set up to make are very basic text edits and links.  I am a Dreamweaver user and I find contribute confusing.  I am expected to know how it all works because I set this all up.

Also when I

Thanks in advance for all your help.

• 1. Re: The parameter is incorrect
          Dominic Michael Adobe Employee

Can you try clearing the Preferences for Contribute?

How to clear Contribute Preference?

To Clear the preference, quit Contribute, and then delete the Contribute <Version> folder in C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\ and also run the following command " reg delete "HKCU\Software\Adobe\Contribute <Version>" /f " . Reconnect to the site and try the same scenario.

Note: If you clear the preferences then no connection will be listed in Contribute, you need to recreate the connections. It will be like a fresh installation.

• 2. Re: The parameter is incorrect
            ekw0357 Level 1

That worked fine, but now every time I create a link to a new page, the word (New) is automatically added to the file name before .html.  When I check the link it can not be displayed because there is no link to the page [ sample(New).html ].  But the page I created resides in the folder [ sample.html ].

Here is an example of what I am talking about:

• created and named: sample.html
              and
            • is saved as sample(New).html

I thought I had everything working perfectly after the parameter issue.  If there was another program I could that is not internet based I would use it.  But since the website we manage is internal, contribute is the only program that (sometimes) works.

• 3. Re: The parameter is incorrect
              Dominic Michael Adobe Employee

I was not able to reproduce the issue. I have followed the below scenario, please correct me if I am wrong.

1. Launched Contribute
              2. Created LAN connection to local folder
              3. Created new page "sample1.html"
              4. It displays as "sample1(New).html" in the title bar
              5. On publishing, it gets published as "sample1.html"

Refer to the below screenshot.

PagenameCt.png