4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2015 7:43 AM by arwcampbell

Nik HDR Efex Pro 2 plugin broken after upgrading to LR CC (2015)

sduck409 Level 1

On my macbook pro, running Yosemite (latest version). I upgraded all the CC apps I have yesterday, as the CC tab prompted me to. All the new apps open fine, everything else seems to be working. Except for the Nik HDR Efex Pro 2 plugin. I select the set of images to process, do the usual export to plugin choice, but instead of the app, a finder window opens, and the files are exported to the selected folder, but nothing else happens. I suppose I could run the app seperately and then export the results back in, but that's not how it's supposed to work.

The plugin manager is reporting this error -

Plug-in error log for plug-in at: /Users/stephendrake/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules/HDREfexPro2.lrplugin

**** Error 1

An error occurred while attempting to run one of the plug-in’s scripts.

Could not load toolkit script: HDR2config

**** Error 2

Could not load the post-processing filter from this plug-in.

Could not load toolkit script: HDR2config

Anyone else experiencing this? Is there an easy fix?

• 1. Re: Nik HDR Efex Pro 2 plugin broken after upgrading to LR CC (2015)
          arwcampbell

Experiencing the same problem as well. I'm using a Mac Book Air running OS.X 10.9.5. This only started to happen after I upgraded Lightroom thios morning.

• 2. Re: Nik HDR Efex Pro 2 plugin broken after upgrading to LR CC (2015)
            sduck409 Level 1

Yuck. Reported this to both Adobe and Nik yesterday, haven't gotten any kind of reply. I hope it's not a case of both blaming the other for the problem, it'll never get fixed that way.

I guess I'm going to have to get used to the workaround method - I have a huge backlog of bracketed sets, and much prefer HDR Efex pro to photomatix for most stuff.

• 3. Re: Nik HDR Efex Pro 2 plugin broken after upgrading to LR CC (2015)
              sduck409 Level 1

Finally got a reply this evening, with a fix. Not sure if I'm supposed to share this, but I will anyway - here's what they sent -

1. Make sure Lightroom is closed.
              2. Copy the link below and paste it into your web browser.
              3. On the webpage, press Cmd + S to download the file.

FirdB7fDBOxpTRgwsFMjAd5UC4XGueRJCsc_LCG_p6aN0NoHcxBY1MaoseTXT7X-gRz9QxaW6PgR40uBzimh8fSloaOzfaRBVqY-uZarVTIab50KIu9414fqVusMDNigwA.png

1. The newly downloaded file is called HEP2-Manual-Mac.-LR.zip. Double click that file, and a new file will be created called, HDREfexPro2.lrplugin. Move the file to your Desktop.
              2. From the Finder, hold down the Option key on your keyboard and choose Go > Library at the top of the screen.

MdVeBcPWieGB8DbbkJsxBt8RgKIQ2L7U4qsbFged_3YJYSIOMMqP0pokrq4Lz_xkCUgL0RYtM0YvdGc1ncifaSEqYe0tihfAcCsaiPS0cbNKMRv5-XcbpZ88eww6VVAfcw.jpg

1. Navigate to Application Support : Adobe : Lightroom.
              2. Locate and open the "Modules" folder. If you do not have a “Modules” folder, please create a new folder and title it "Modules."
              3. Move the HDREfexPro2.lrplugin file from step 4 to the “Modules” folder.
              4. Relaunch Lightroom.  You should now be able to access the HDR Efex Pro 2

My notes on this: it works. Sort of. You want to be moving that file into the library in your user folder, not the system library. And you'll be replacing one that's already there. After doing all that, I needed to restart my computer before it worked properly, but it does now. And this is just for HDR Efex Pro 2, not the other nik plugins, which have a different working method, and don't seem to have the same problem. Hope this helps!

• 4. Re: Nik HDR Efex Pro 2 plugin broken after upgrading to LR CC (2015)
                arwcampbell Level 1

Thanks for sharing. This fix has worked and I’m glad it has as HDR Efex is still one of the best HDR apps out there!