7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2015 11:00 AM by Blue S2

0xc000007b error despite repeat installation with Lightroom cc

Harsh Shah

Purchased subscription of Creative Cloud. Downloaded and installed Lightroom cc. All went well. However unable to launch the application. Shows error 0xc000007b and aborts.

Visual C++ Redistributable reinstalled. .NET reinstalled. Lightroom cc reinstalled 4 times. Still the same problem.

Using Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, 8  GB Ram, 2 Gig 7i processor, 1 TB HDD.

• 1. Re: 0xc000007b error despite repeat installation with Lightroom cc
          Blue S2 Level 1

I get the same thing with Lightroom 6.  I have followed all the steps in the "supposed" fix and the DLL additions, and everything listed.  Very very frustrating.  I don't have time to just wipe my system and spend 3 days reinstalling and setting everything up.  I run a real photo business and I rely on lightroom.  This has never happened with any other version, and all other versions work fine.  There has to be further support.  I chatted with an adobe rep and got nowhere.

• 2. Re: 0xc000007b error despite repeat installation with Lightroom cc
            Keith_Reeder Level 4

Blue S2 wrote:

I have followed all the steps in the "supposed" fix

You'll need to articulate what you did - there's more than one "fix", depending on the cause.

Error: "Unable to start correctly (0Xc000007b)"

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xC000007B)"

0xc000007b

Etc.

• 3. Re: 0xc000007b error despite repeat installation with Lightroom cc
              Blue S2 Level 1

I have tried all of the fixes short of wiping this entire hard drive.  I cannot afford that kind of downtime when I have client work to be delivered day in and out.

I downloaded the DLLs and put them where directed.  Nothing.

Uninstalled and reinstalled lightroom.  Numerous times, including with an adobe support rep walking through this entire process.  Nothing.

I uninstalled everything related to lightroom, and all the C++ installs.  Reinstalled lightroom.  Nothing.  That broke my CS5.5 suite...luckily I found the proper DLL and added that back in and at least got that working.

Ran sfc, chkdsk, windows repair, etc... Anything I could short of a full wipe.  I can't afford to do that on my work system and be down for days.  Regardless, did nothing.

Tried all the additional solutions listed... Nothing.

I even examined a windows 7 machine similar to mine that had LR6 working on it and checked the files and DLLs and attempted to match everything up.  Still Nothing.

This is a giant time suck.  No one pays for my hours trying to fix this.  What else can do this?  I am running a Windows 7 Pro 64-bit machine.  I keep reading that this is a 32-bit vs 64-bit problem...is that so?  And if it is...why are we having this?  Is there a 32 bit lightroom 6 that I can try?  If not...what is going on here.

• 4. Re: 0xc000007b error despite repeat installation with Lightroom cc
                Blue S2 Level 1

All other versions of lightroom work just fine btw. 

• 5. Re: 0xc000007b error despite repeat installation with Lightroom cc
                  Ira Rush

For what it's worth.... same problem for me !

Tried all the "solutions" except wiping my drive... and same error message!

Lightroom 6 (stand alone ... NOT CC)

Lightroom 5.7.1 and Lightroom 4 all work perfectly.... tried to contact support... useless !

Anyone have a fix for the "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application." error ?

• 6. Re: 0xc000007b error despite repeat installation with Lightroom cc
                    Harsh Shah Level 1

I am not a tech person but an orthopedic surgeon. Same problem with me. Tried a lot of things, intalling and uninstalling Creative Cloud. Installing and Uninstalling Visual Basic runtime versions.

Nothing worked.

I kept looking through log files - which were hardly readable.

But eventually found that two registry entries in the Visual basic were locked.

Once I unlocked these two entries (this is pasted somewhere in the log files, don't remember now), everything started working properly.

• 7. Re: 0xc000007b error despite repeat installation with Lightroom cc
                      Blue S2 Level 1

Adobe tech support got to level three with my case.  They basically took over my computer and did all kinds of stuff for a couple days.  Cleared stuff, reinstalled stuff, all kinds of scans and fixes and stuff.  Two weeks later their final response after some techs had "deep analysis" of reports on every file in my system and of why nothing fixed the issue...

"Call Microsoft, its their problem" and they emailed me a phone number.  Funny everything else worked fine. 

I wiped my system and spent three days reinstalled everything.  I am a professional photographer, and I rely on Lightroom, Photoshop, Capture One (for tethering!) day in and out to get my job done.  This kind of waste of time is quite annoying.  Those techs get paid to sit on the phone and troubleshoot my system... I lose money dealing with this kinda stuff.

Basically when lightroom 6 was the first software installed on my system, it worked.  (thank goodness...)  I am unfortunately going to upgrade all my prior libraries now as I don't want to risk anything by installing older software.