3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2015 8:47 AM by A.T. Romano

How import in video editor of Premiere Elements 13 clips with the tag structure or person, location and event structure of the organizer?

Senior50

How import in video editor of Premiere Elements 13 clips with the tag structure or person, location and event structure of the organizer?

• 1. Re: How import in video editor of Premiere Elements 13 clips with the tag structure or person, location and event structure of the organizer?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

senior50

On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running? And, have you updated 13 to 13.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Update? If not, please consider doing that.

Now for your immediate question.

I would consider placing your Elements Organizer files (person, location, or event) into albums that you create in the Elements Organizer for each. And, then

(a) opening the content for the album from Premiere Elements Add Media/Elements Organizer.

or

(b) selecting your album in the Elements Organizer, selecting the photos in the album that you want, then right clicking anywhere in a selection, and selecting Edit with Premiere Elements Editor?

Have you been there and done that yet?

Please review, consider, give more details, and we can decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: How import in video editor of Premiere Elements 13 clips with the tag structure or person, location and event structure of the organizer?
            Senior50 Level 1

Thank you very much for your answer, ATR. Yes, I do have updated version 13.1 of Premiere Elements.

The aim is: Having named or categorized the clips into "person, location or event -structure" they can not be shown in editor modus by "(a) opening the content for the album from Premiere Elements Add Media/Elements Organizer", as was your first proposal.

The second way (b) was possible.

I am wondering, if there is a possibility to make it more elegant: First, I do name the clips. Second, I order them into person, location or event. Third I do the clips into albums in order to show album structure in video editor.

It would be nicer when I could skip the last step.

Best regards.

• 3. Re: How import in video editor of Premiere Elements 13 clips with the tag structure or person, location and event structure of the organizer?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Senior 50

Thanks for the reply.

Please let me know if the following is going in the direction that you seek.

In the Elements Organizer 13/13.1, go to Tags Header and then Keywords. By default, the choices in my Elements Organizer 13 are

Nature

Color

Photography

Other

Right click Other, and select Edit Category. Then change the name of the category and give the new category a distinctive colored icon.

Do the same for Nature, Color, and Photography. The new categories created could be Name of Clip, Person, Location, and Event instead of Nature, Color, Photography, and Other.

Photoshop Elements 13 and Premiere Elements 13 are standalone products, each coming with the Elements Organizer 13. When both these programs are on the same computer, they share the same Elements Organizer 13. I am wondering if the people in the Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum could offer you other insights on the Elements Organizer tagging?

The Elements Organizer 13 Help PDF's section on Tag Your Media will give you the Adobe perspective on Tagging.

Please review and consider. We will be watching for your progress as your time permits.

Best wishes

ATR