2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2015 1:21 PM by shanegrowe

Character Animator is very slow and glitchy when using my own character design

shanegrowe

So don't get me wrong with this post - Character Animator is such a fun and efficient tool in my opinion, and it works fantastically when using the preset/pre-made characters that comes with it.

However, when I created my own character design in Illustrator from the shell that Character Animator gives you, it seems to make the application run very slow. I can still see some of the movements with my character design, but a lot of times it's whole body will move and the edges will become wobbly. I chose "New Puppet in Illustrator" and just copied all of the elements of my design into the layers that it already provided and kept the same naming conventions. My character is not too advanced either (definitely not as detailed as wendigo), and if I could get this to work, it would save me an extreme amount of time in my animation!

I'm running Character Animator (Preview) on an iMac (OS X 10.9.5). I have attached my character design below.

Expert.jpg