3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2006 1:35 PM by Newsgroup_User

XML Error on Mac.

Level 7
      I've tried to google this error, but I am having a hard time finding a
      solution for this problem.
      Whenever I load Fireworks 8.0.0.777, on the top left corner of the splash
      page I get an error messege:

"Problem Loading the content XML". Followed by "You've requested a language
      ('en') which does not have any available content."

Any suggestions on how to solve this issue would be greatly appreciated!
      Ricardo

Mac OS X

• 1. Re: XML Error on Mac.
          mattradel
          I get the same error Ricardo. I haven't been able to find any fix, or any real documentation. It's more of an annoyance than anything though.
          • 2. Re: XML Error on Mac.
            Level 7
            Thanks for your reply, I'm glad I am not the only one with this problem.

True enough, Fireworks works fine with out any additional errors, but being
            a former windows user and making a leap of faith to the mac side and
            investing a bit of money, I am a bit dissapointed to encounter this issue
            with out any leads of a fix.

Still a happy mac user, I will keep you posted if a fix ever comes up.

Happy Holidays,
            Ricardo

"mrizzle" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:en1a04$b05$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            >I get the same error Ricardo. I haven't been able to find any fix, or any
            >real documentation. It's more of an annoyance than anything though.

• 3. Re: XML Error on Mac.
              Level 7
              > I've tried to google this error, but I am having a hard time finding a
              > solution for this problem.
              > Whenever I load Fireworks 8.0.0.777, on the top left corner of the splash
              > page I get an error messege:

I assume the start up page is trying to grab an rss/xml feed from
              Macromedia's web site upon launch. They must have killed the feed in the
              merger.

It's nothing you could fix on your end (other than disabling the splash
              page, perhaps)

-Darrel