2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2015 9:22 AM by Chris Liam Ivey

really annoying behaviour of new drawing tools in Flash CC

Chris Liam Ivey

I've been using Flash since Macromedia released version 3.

I just started using Flash CC, and I find the new line drawing tools extremely distracting in the way the cursor keeps switching based on the speed of your mouse movement.  It's a horrible, stupid idea.  I've looked around in vain for instructions on how to turn that feature off.  Is there a way to do this?

• 1. Re: really annoying behaviour of new drawing tools in Flash CC
          Mohanaraj Adobe Employee

Hi,

Can you please elaborate on the problem that you are facing? Do you face issue with Line tool? Are you using Wacom/any other Tablet for drawing?

Thanks!

Mohan

• 2. Re: really annoying behaviour of new drawing tools in Flash CC
            Chris Liam Ivey Level 1

I'm just using a mouse.

When I select the line drawing tool, the cursor changes from a selection arrow to a crosshair, which is fine.  However, as soon as I start dragging the mouse to create a line, the behaviour turns ugly.  If at any moment I pause the mouse movement or slow beyond a certain threshold, the mouse cursor changes back to the default selection arrow. If the mouse accelerates at all, the cursor changes back to a crosshair - then back to a selection arrow.

This means that if I'm trying to draw lines with any kind of precision, the cursor starts flickering back and forth as I approach the end of the line.  This is extremely distracting and makes any kind of precision impossible.

I've tried switching to the pen tool, but its behaviour in Flash has always been a little bit... weird compared to the way it works in Illustrator.

This cursor behaviour is a silly refinement that makes the tool unusable, and I can't find any option to turn it off.