5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2006 9:23 PM by kglad

loading 2 dynamic text fields..

lostinscript Level 1
      Hi,

This is my problem. On my site i want to load in a couple of dynamic text fields from the same level(_level5) into another .fla also the same level (_level0) my problem is that i cant work out how do to this. I can only get one text field to load into the page at a time. I know that the higher level covers the lower level but i was hoping that 2 text fields loaded into the same level from the same .fla file would work. Anyone know how i can achieve this?

Thanks...
        • 1. Re: loading 2 dynamic text fields..
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          you can load two swfs into the same level but the last loaded one will replace the first. there is no work-around.

on the other hand, there's no need to load two swfs into the same level. why do you think you need to do so?
          • 2. Re: loading 2 dynamic text fields..
            lostinscript Level 1
            Hi, thanks for the reply Kglad.

I want to have a few htmlText fields loaded dynamically into a website on the home page. I want (for example) to have a small section 'latest clients'(and a block of text with on this subject) on the far right of the screen and another section 'latest news'(again, with another block of text) on the far left and maybe another section with 'mission statement' (another block of text) at the bottom of the screen. I want to do it dynamically, to see if i can do it and also so the text can be changed without opening flash.

Any ideas?

Thanks again..
            • 3. Re: loading 2 dynamic text fields..
              having a list (for example, of latest clients) that's easy to update without editing your swf has nothing to do with loading swfs into levels or target movieclips.

you can do that without loading anything (except the data in the text file(s)). you would usually do that using loadVariables(), loadVariableNum() or LoadVars().
              • 4. Re: loading 2 dynamic text fields..
                lostinscript Level 1
                Hi,

Im using the loadVars to load in the external text through a stylesheet but im having trouble loading in more than one text field in the same level (_level0). I guess i will have to do it by having one big text field and fiddling with the css to get the text into position.

Thanks kglad.
                • 5. Re: loading 2 dynamic text fields..
                  there is no extra difficulty using more than one textfield in any one level, including _level0.

however, you should use more than one LoadVars() object to load the text files that will be used to assign text to the various textfields. that way the onLoad methods for the various LoadVars() will be assigning the correct text property to the correct textfield.