2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2015 9:43 PM by Monica Singh

    Having an issue with Epub Conversion since 2015 update


      Hey gang: I'm running into an issue with my EPUB conversion in InDesign.


      Prior to the 2015 update (which I did last night), my book was formatted properly. Now, when I send to PDF format, it's fine. But when I convert to EPUB, I'm getting my title headings on one page, and then the subtitle and the first page of the chapter on the next. But not all the chapters are doing it.


      Here's what I did:


      Opened book. Deleted repetitive chapter. Renamed all chapters in folder (outside of InDesign). Then opened each one in InDesign to fix the chapter title. Resaved. All appears to be fine. Sent to PDF--looks fine. Sent to EPUB, ran into odd paging issues described above, but only with half of the chapters (the ones I changed the Chapter title by one character); the other half of the chapters are fine. Tried adjusting a few things to no avail.


      This morning, I created a test chapter using a chapter that has no issues, and still have issues.


      I opened the html docs and here's what I found:


      NORMAL chapter (chapter 1):




        <link href="css/idGeneratedStyles_0.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

        <link href="css/idGeneratedStyles_5.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />


        <body id="Chapter_1" xml:lang="en-US">

        <div id="_idContainer008" class="Basic-Text-Frame">

        <p class="Titles">chapter 1</p>


        <div id="_idContainer009" class="Basic-Text-Frame">

        <p class="Subtitle">What If?</p>



      PROBLEM CHAPTER (chapter 14):




        <link href="css/idGeneratedStyles_0.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

        <link href="css/idGeneratedStyles_18.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />


        <body id="Chapter_14" xml:lang="en-US">

        <div id="_idContainer060" class="Basic-Text-Frame">

        <p class="Titles _idGenParaOverride-1">chapter 14</p>


        <div id="_idContainer061" class="Basic-Text-Frame">

        <p class="Subtitle">the amazing spider-man </p>



      The only real difference I see is the <p class="Titles _idGenParaOverride-1">, but I don't know what's causing that class change.


      I'm not well-versed in HTML, so I know basics, but that's about it. However, I have a friend who is, so if I can figure out what's causing that class, I can probably fix it. I did look at my Title paragraph style, and I can't see anything causing that.