0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2006 4:02 AM by ParomitaDey15

Help on custom actionscript component

ParomitaDey15 Level 1
      Hi All,

I need to create a dynamic form which has multiple pages each page will be displayed in separate tabs and has individual controls. On submit of a a button i need to trace the data entered in the controls for each Tab. The numer of Tabs and controls will vary depending on criteria (reading from an XML).
      -----------------------------------------------
      Sample xml data below -
      <Tab tabid="App_Form_01_Tab_02" name="Tab 2" label="Product Information" taborder="2">
      <Section sectionid="App_Form_01_Tab_02_Sec_01" name="Contract" orderontab="1">
      <Attrtype name="SingleLineofText" defval="This is single line text" maxchar="35" maxlines="1" inputtype="TextInput" attrlabel="Attribute 1"></Attrtype>
      <Attrtype name="MultipleLinesofText" defval="This is multi line text" maxchar="" maxlines="4" inputtype="TextArea" attrlabel="Attribute 2"></Attrtype>
      </Section>
      </Tab>
      <Tab tabid="App_Form_01_Tab_03" name="Tab 2" label="New Tab" taborder="3">
      <Section sectionid="App_Form_01_Tab_02_Sec_01" name="Contract" orderontab="1">
      <Attrtype name="SingleLineofText" defval="This is single line text" maxchar="35" maxlines="1" inputtype="TextInput" attrlabel="Attribute 1"></Attrtype>
      </Section>
      </Tab>
      --------------------------------------------------------
      I tried developing the above UI by creating custom actionscript components by extending existing UI components such as TabNavigator/VBox and added children at each stage until I reached the actual form control info using which I am creating the controls.
      So the child creation is following -
      MyTabnavigator->MySectionTabs(VBox)->MySections(VBox)->MySectionAttributes(HBox)->TextInp ut

I have instantiated the MyTabNavigator comp from the mxml using <MyTabNavigator/> tag. This is displaing the dynamic form the way I need but now I have to access the text value entered into the TextInput. I tried to access the TextInput from a method written within a script block in the main application mxml. I am not able to do that.

Could anyone please advise me on this.
      Test Link - http://dev.eforceglobal.com/test/paromita/bin/TestActionscriptComps.html (this also has the sample view source code)
      Am I doing this the wrong way?
      Please help.

Regards,
      Paromita.