11 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2015 3:21 PM by arewenotmen

AE CC 2015 - Bugs list

arewenotmen Level 1

I've had to revert back to the previous version of AE; this update is messing with my productivity. Been using AE pretty much daily for 5 years or so (it's actually one of my favourite Adobe apps), this is the first time I've found the new version unusable.

Bugs:

Strange vertical lines appearing on the timeline

Frequent crashes with unhelpful dialogue boxes ("Error: stuff in the wrong bag" etc.)

Strange banding on 16bit pngs during RAM playback. They are fine as you scroll through the timeline, the weird artefacts only show up during playback (on full quality).

Can't export to Media Encoder from AE. I can launch ME and bring the comp into it, but when I try to launch ME from AE I get the error "AEGP Plugin AEDynamicLinkServer: Adobe Media Ecoder is not installed. Please download and install to use this feature...(5027::12)".

Would be curious to find out about more bugs that other users have spotted.

AE CC 2015

Windows 7 64bit i7-4770 cpu @ 3.40GHz with 16GB RAM

NVIDIA GTX660ti

• 1. Re: AE CC 2015 - Bugs list
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The forums are full of folks figuring out what are bugs for them. Funny thing is, a lot of these aren't bugs for many people, but some are.

Most of your issues have already been mentioned on the forums. The AME one may have been solved for some folks too, but you'll have to do a search to find out.

Remember, if you see a bug, (after searching the forums to see if there's a solution) file a bug report. Give as much detail as possible. Get screenshots, offer to share your project file, etc. This new update is part of a massive overhaul in how AE works, so there are bound to be some issues, but the AE team NEEDS to have as much info as possible to squash the bugs.

• 2. Re: AE CC 2015 - Bugs list
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

To verify bugs you have to provide the full warnings, codes and crash info as well as document them with screenshots and explanations of the situations that triggered the issues. Many such things are combinations of specific operations and not per se bugs that can be pinned to single causes. Agree, though. based on the many reports AE CC 2015 must qualify as the worst release in a decade after the already bad initial release of last year's 2014 version.

Mylenium

• 3. Re: AE CC 2015 - Bugs list

Considering how much has changed under the hood, I'm actually surprised at how few bugs there are! Let's hope all of the big ones get squashed in next month's update.

• 4. Re: AE CC 2015 - Bugs list
                Todd_Kopriva Level 8

The After Effects CC 2015 (13.5.1) bug-fix update is available, which fixes several issues: http://adobe.ly/1Il5JYe

• 5. Re: AE CC 2015 - Bugs list
                  RedofPaw

One thing that's been annoying me is that AE doesn't recognise when I let go of the mouse. I drag a keyframe and let go, but upon moving my mouse AE takes a moment to realise I have let go... the keyframe is dragged an arbitrary amount in the direction I was just moving.

This is a constant frustration as I have to consciously PAUSE every move of a keyframe or layer, just to avoid it sticking to my mouse. 

• 6. Re: AE CC 2015 - Bugs list

RedofPaw wrote:

One thing that's been annoying me is that AE doesn't recognise when I let go of the mouse. I drag a keyframe and let go, but upon moving my mouse AE takes a moment to realise I have let go... the keyframe is dragged an arbitrary amount in the direction I was just moving.

That sounds extremely frustrating. It's mentioned in the known issues blog post. But it sounds like they need some more info to narrow down the cause. I'd suggest filing a bug report and give them as much information as you can about hardware plugged into your system, software installed, drivers, codec packs, operating system, security software, and anything you can possibly think about the hardware and software setup of your machine. If they can't reliably reproduce the issue on their end, it's unlikely they can fix it. So, I'm sure any help they get would be appreciated by everyone with this issue.

• 7. Re: AE CC 2015 - Bugs list
                      RedofPaw Level 1

Yup, very frustrating, but I have no idea why it happens. I have a new machine - it's got an i7-5930k, 32gb memory, an SSD... a 980ti if that makes any difference. There should be no slowdown, and yet there it is. The known issue mentions a wacom, but also mouse users. I am a mouse user, but have a wired mouse, so can't imagine that's an issue.

Hopefully they can get around to figuring it out.

• 8. Re: AE CC 2015 - Bugs list

RedofPaw wrote:

a 980ti if that makes any difference.

It might. Include that info in your bug report - including what driver version you have for it.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

• 9. Re: AE CC 2015 - Bugs list
                          arewenotmen Level 1

Didn't think this was enough to "Unmark As Correct" Todd's answer but I would like to mention here that the new update has not cured the strange banding issue I mentioned in the original post.

• 10. Re: AE CC 2015 - Bugs list
                            Todd_Kopriva Level 8

It sounds to me like you don't have the preference set to More Accurate for higher quality during cached previews in the Previews preferences.

1 person found this helpful
                            • 11. Re: AE CC 2015 - Bugs list
                              arewenotmen Level 1

Excellent! Many thanks for that, Todd - you nailed it.