2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2015 12:57 AM by Lr5user-pt

Adjustment brush questions

southwestform Level 1

I want to sharpen some detail on a subject's nose, so I place the adjustment brush on the nose of the subject and then I go to  the Detail Panel and increase the amount of sharpening, though I see no changes….Is this how this tool is supposed to be used?

Next, I want to do another adjustment to the subject's face, so I try to use the adjustment brush to place a pen on another part of the subject, though it is keeping the same settings as before and applying them to the new pin, and if I change them it also changes the other pin that I applied to the nose. What is the correct way of doing this?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Adjustment brush questions
          ManiacJoe Adobe Community Professional

Normally I make the rough adjustments in the sliders, then add brush strokes, then adjust the sliders some more. A zoom level of 1:2 or 1:1 is handy.

Check your brush settings: flow and density need to be set high enough to see, 100% is a nice number.

In the toolbar at the bottom of the pane, turn on the overlay to see where you are brushing.

The default color is red. I swapped mine to neon green due to red being a common color in my photos.

• 2. Re: Adjustment brush questions
            Lr5user-pt Level 2

To use local sharpening with the adjustment brush you have to use the slider on the panel that opens when you select the tool. The details panel applies global adjustments and has no effect on the brush tool.

To apply another adjustment in another part of the image, you select New and place the pin where needed. The applied values can be changed independently.