• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2015 - Touch Gestures not working on Surface Pro

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to Photoshop CC2015 on my Windows Surface Pro 3 (i7 model). Under Preferences>Tools "gestures" is enabled. However when working on my Surface pinch-to-zoom and rotate gestures do absolutely nothing. I also upgraded to CC 2015 on my Mac Book Pro. If I try the same gestures on my laptop's trackpad, pinch-to-zoom, rotate, etc... all work beautifully. How can I get this working on my Surface?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Could it be to do with GPU Acceleration?  I ask because I can remember another SP3 user who described another issue with CC 2015 that sounded very like GPU acceleration had been disabled.   Preferences > Performance > GPU acceleration.  Make sure it is still turned on, and maybe set to Advanced in the Advanced tab.

Photoshop Help | Touch gestures

http://technomaverick.com/2014/07/08/how-to-enable-touch-friendly-photoshop-on-surface-pro-3/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be to do with GPU Acceleration?  I ask because I can remember another SP3 user who described another issue with CC 2015 that sounded very like GPU acceleration had been disabled.   Preferences > Performance > GPU acceleration.  Make sure it is still turned on, and maybe set to Advanced in the Advanced tab.

Photoshop Help | Touch gestures

http://technomaverick.com/2014/07/08/how-to-enable-touch-friendly-photoshop-on-surface-pro-3/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was it! It took your advice. I went to Preferences>Performance>Graphics Processor Settings and check the box for Use Graphics Processor. After I hit OK and closed the window, all the gesture commands started working. Thank you for the tip!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback.  It obviously helps for when the next person with the same problem 'appens along.

Eee up chuck.  I came over all Yorkshire for a moment there.

http://www.photocartoon.co/img/s2/v51/p597846520-3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I have the same issue, also with the Surface Pro 3 and Photoshop CC 2015.

My Problem: When I go to the GPU acceleration menu, it is disabled. I cannot check the checkbox. I have all my SP3 updates installed. Gestures do not work.

Does anybody have an idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Man! That was it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there I've been having the same issue on my SP4, although with mine when I try to access the Performance menu the actual menu won't come up and it keeps giving me the message of "An integer between 96 and 8 is required. Closest value inserted." After this pop up comes on, my Photoshop locks up and I have to use my task manager to end the program and try again.

If you have any Ideas I'd really appreciate some help on this one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact same issue on my Acer switch 3. Did you manage to resolve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh thank goodness I found this. Thank you for that .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a macbook w/t 2016 and photoshop cc 2019. GPU is on but I cannot use the trackpad to pinch and zoom etc.

I'm running Mojave but I had the same problems on (high)Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2019 Mar 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem but this is 2019. I had to go to edit, preferences, tools, and zoom with scroll wheel to get my touch screen to pinch zoom again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@caleys58338251,

Thanks for posting your sollution.  That also worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My surface pro4 has the sam problem

enable the guesture and GPU setting but still no working at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines