Using "LoadVariables" to establish a connection between the
running Flash program and a text file in the same folder works just
as expected with no problems. I am on a Windows machine and using
the recipe from the fabulous help system.
The problem - yes there IS a problem - arises when the text
file contains special Danish characters.
The odd part here is, that everything works fine from inside
Falsh using "Test Movie", but not when publishing the movie and
launching from inside a browser (both IE and Firefox).
The help system says, that data should be URL-encoded. Trying
that (characters %e6, %f8 and %e5) does not fix anything. The input
is read, but the offending character is gobbled up along with the
two next characters, or the program simply hangs.
No i didn't do that in my first series of tries. Following
your suggestion I did that (embedding Latin I, that should contain
all the necessary characters), but it didn't do the trick. Actually
it prevented my writing to a dynamic text field intended to
interact with the user.
Using English cahracters only it worked fine (with invisible
text ;-) ).
Using Danish characters I got the same result: Not working
Using the Danish characters from inside Flash to fill in text
fields (static, dynamic and input) normally works fine, so I am
puzzled - still