1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 19, 2015 7:41 AM by A.T. Romano

Generic Error with .MOV file

Maurispi

Hi, when I try to import a .MOV file into Premiere E12 (it was recorded with my SJ4000 cam) it says: Generic Error, what can I do?

• 1. Re: Generic Error with .MOV file
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Maurispi

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running?

First thing, do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 12? If not, do that. That is a must do.

Also, have you updated 12 to 12.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates. If not, please do that.

From what I have read of that camera, it is probably recording 1080p as H.264.mov. That format is expected to be supported by your Premiere Elements version. If QuickTime install is not the solution, then we must consider whether or not the H.264.mov was recorded with a variable or constant frame rate. Premiere Elements has problems with variable frame rates. The problems range from audio out of sync to not being able to import the video. The typical solution is to take the video into a free program such as HandBrake to get the H.264.mp4 version with a constant frame rate. Then you import the H.264.mp4 with the constant frame rate into your Premiere Elements project.

https://handbrake.fr/

Please review, consider, and supply results, and more information as indicated.

Thank you.

ATR