• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why illustrator CC 2015 very slow on opening file and some operations, like making bitmap patterns.

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a file created by illustrator CC 2015. Opening and saving file is incredible slow even i have SSD hdd. After i open file, its very difficult to work. Chosing an object or moving very slow and cannot workable.

In very smal vector file i made a bitmap pattern. It was very usal pattern which like i made before previous version. After apply the pattern, booom... illustrator becomes very slow. Even after i click an object, it response after several seconds.

What is going on? shall i return to 2014 or is there solution??

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

UPDATE:

If you upgrade to Illustrator CC 2015.1 / Illustrator 19.1 you will not have to run through the copy paste process.

Hi,

We have released a patch 19.0.1 that fixes the issue being discussed on this thread. Please apply the patch from your creative cloud application. The creative cloud application checks for update once a day hence you may not see the update right away.  If you want to force the check for an update early please logout and log back into the Creative Cloud application.

All new

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ozcan,

Will it be possible for you to create a sample bug file and send it over to me at ShareWithAi@adobe.com

I would like to have this investigated.

Thanks & Regards,

Raghuveer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

now i will send to you two files from my account... pls wait.

please check those files in CC 2015, both files working really slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please especially kids1.ai file.

even i have SSD harddisk but its opening really slow and process in file very slow. i click an oject and waiting.

for kids2.ai file, i want to make a pattern file. after i choose make pattern, its becoming very very slow... cannot move object smootly.

thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

now i just installed cc 2014 and open kids1.ai file.

opened immediately and its able to work... choosing object and moving is much faster than 2015....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2015 Jun 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with AI cc 2015 on Yosemite 10.10. I also have an SSD, and all other programs open and save blindingly fast, but Illustrator takes 3 minutes or more to open or save a small vector file. No difference if I am saving to hard drive or Dropbox.  I tried downloading Adobe Drive (one of the fixes posted on Adobe), but it won't install, saying I need to have installed Adobe programs in order to install. I just downloaded all new programs yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2015 Jun 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having similar problems in performance but with layering. I'm not working on a very large file and with the latest version of the Macbook Pro (SSD). Here is what's happening:

1. I create some empty layers - about 10.
  2. I have a lot of artwork on one layer that I want to divide amongst the new layers.
  3. When I cut some artwork to the clipboard and select a new layer, it takes 20 seconds on average to finally have that layer in a selected state - meanwhile the spinner just shows a busy process.

And I have to select the new layer twice for it to actually select - the first click on the new layer takes about 10 second and nothing is selected; the second click finally selects the layer after another 10~ seconds.

Really frustrating, and the amount of art in the clipboard is minimal.

Anyone else experiencing layer selection performance problems in Illustrator CC 2015?

(I can turn on and off the graphics acceleration which my Mac supports but I get the same result either way.)

Thanks

Update 150623: the focus of the problem seems to be in copying and pasting. I have had the app crash so much during simple copy paste operations in the same document that I'm back to saving every few minutes. I'm averaging 4 major crashes a day, the first few causing the aguish of lost work because I didn't get into habitually saving my drawings. There is a new recovery mode (long overdue), but it doesn't seem to work all the time. Today I lost 45 minutes of work (yes, I forgot to save), on a simple copy/paste from one artboard to another. And I heard a lot of bragging about performance improvements in Illustrator and it is much much slower in all operations. File saving takes up to 15 seconds! I have tried adjust settings to account for this, but no luck - it behaves the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am really sad when telling this but CC 2015 is totaly screw up. Using after first release date, i saw many many bugs on display, performance, saving or opening document, exports... almost everything. Even i formatted my system and setup again than i realized every single bug still... Now using both version together. CC 2014 is more stable.

on CC 2014 my biggest problem is unexpected force closing depends on GPU view. Its hapening many times. i am saving file very often.

CC 2015 works like BETA version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same exact issue, Illustrator CC 2015 is running extremely slow. Everything was running smooth until I updated from CC 2014 to CC 2015. I'm going to uninstall and go back to CC 2014 (if possible).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Opening files which were saved from Ai CC 2015 became too long process, sometimes infinite.

Went back to 2014 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having the same problem hating life, and deadlines looming.

I thought this update would speed up my workflow, should have known better

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing is that still there is not any reply from any Adobe team.

What is that forums for? all the customers chating each other. repating the problems.

What they are waiting for? I am pretty sure about that they are reading what we write here and they are laughing eachother.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, here too – saving is very slow!!

Also GPU preview, though faster and better zooming gives much 'rougher' looking on-screen rendering, like my vectors have been drawn with a pencil!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Deadline almost here and this file I've been working on, has already been opening up for +45 minutes... This sucks!

>> Edit: I downgraded to cc2014, and it took about 5-10 seconds to load the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2015 Jul 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. Takes 10 min or more to open my file in CC 2015. Is there any resolve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is driving me absolute crazy. I've got a 2kb .svg file and it's taking like 3 minutes to open in cc 2015. I'm using a brand new MacBook Pro with SSD and all.

EDIT: Whilst i'm trying to open the file, my activity monitor says Illustrator ànd AdobeResourceSynchroniser are not responding. The file however opens after a good couple of minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please send us the SVG file on sharewithai@adobe.com we can investigate the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downgrade back to 2014 its the only way until Adobe sort their problems out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:

If you upgrade to Illustrator CC 2015.1 / Illustrator 19.1 you will not have to run through the copy paste process.

Hi,

We have released a patch 19.0.1 that fixes the issue being discussed on this thread. Please apply the patch from your creative cloud application. The creative cloud application checks for update once a day hence you may not see the update right away.  If you want to force the check for an update early please logout and log back into the Creative Cloud application.

All new files created with this build will not be slow to open / edit. The files that have already been created earlier using Illustrator version 19.0 would still continue to open slow. Here is the workaround for such files

1. Apply the patch 19.0.1
  2. Open the file that is exhibiting slowness (it will still continue to open slow)
  3. Once the file is open please unlock all layers/objects and do a Select All followed by Copy
  4. Create a new document
  5. Remember to use the Paste Remember Layer in the Layer’s panel
  6. Paste the content
  7. You should now see all the objects and layers from your previous file
  8. Save this new file and continue to work
  9. This new file should not exhibit the slowness as earlier.

Link to the release notes of 19.0.1: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/illustrator-cc-2015-crash-bug-fixes-19-0-1.html

Regards,

Ashutosh

On Behalf of Illustrator  engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2015 Jul 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the 19.0.1 patch and the slow opening issue for small files is not resolved. I have an 18 MB file that took 32 minutes to open yesterday. Today, a 16 MB file with 3 dartboards took 20+ minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2015 Jul 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work with files that were created in the version before 19.0.1. I believe they are working on it though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. The patch did not help. With Illustrator 2014 it's the same. Opening and saving files is very slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2015 Nov 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem hasn't solved with Illustrator CC 2015.1 / Illustrator 19.1

the software with strange behaviour apart of slow.

3 cases:

1) fast clicking between 2 items  (path / colour / object...etc)  - the first 4 to 5 times are react normal, then it takes 3sec to select the item on the 5th or 6th time, then back to normal but then react slow... looping

2) on the first start if software was idle for a short while, takes up to 3 or 5sec to give respond on selecting/clicking/select tool...etc

3) slow respond on highlighting  txt

Please fix the issue asap, it get's very irritated and annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2015 Nov 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was trying Affinity Designer before coming back to Illustrator.

Now I have to say, that Affinity Designer is blazing fast compared to Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2016 Mar 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the same issue here .. got around 40, 95MB files each with 16 artboards and it takes 3-4 minutes to open, as well as, to save the file. Everything is always up to date. I use a 27" iMac with i7, Hybrid drive, 32GB RAM and a MacBook i5, SSD, 16GB RAM.

Basically, FU! Are you saying that I have to recreate all 40 files and copy paste over the art boards? Will you guys pay for my time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines