6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2015 9:36 AM by gregorvogel

Keyboard Trigger on "Eye Blink"

gregorvogel Level 1

I have a Character with Eyeball, Pupil and Eyelid.

Then i have aso a Blink.

I set also a Trigger on the Keyboard. So my Layer in Photoshop is named "Left Blink (B)" and "Right Blink (B)".

But now my problem:

When i Blink on the webcam the "Blink" gets triggered, and all the stuff like Eyeball, Pupil and Eyelid disappears like it should.

But when i Press "B" on the Keyboard for a Blink the Eyeball, Pupil and Eyelid are still visible.

Is there a way to prevent that?

I have the same Problem with the mouth.

I did an extra Layer with "Laugh (L)" in the "Mouth" Folder. But when i hit "L" there is still another mouth visible at the same time.

Thanks for your help.

• 1. Re: Keyboard Trigger on "Eye Blink"
          Ampman Level 1

Call it something else rather then 'blink' and don't use (b).

The software assigned that word and letter specifically for blinking.  Also you realize that without the '!' beside the letter it will add to your existing drawing rather than swap out image.

-Sam

• 2. Re: Keyboard Trigger on "Eye Blink"
            gregorvogel Level 1

Thanks for your answer.

I cannot rename the "Blink" to something else, becouse i want it also triggered by webcam.

What do you mean about a "!" beside the letter?

I tried it, it makes no difference. The image alwasys gets drawed over the existing images, but it should replace them.

Example: I have a folder  "Mouth" in photoshop.

There i have "Smile", "Neutral" and "Surprised" (webcam triggered). They are getting swapped out by each other.

Then i added a "Laugh (L)" (Keyboard triggered). But this is just drawing over the existing mouth-shape from the webcam trigger.

• 3. Re: Keyboard Trigger on "Eye Blink"
              Ampman Level 1

I See.

I would Just make a duplicate layer with different keystroke like (e!). The '!' indicates a sprite swap (replace all) and without it indicates an additive on top of existing art.

Also when you make a change you have to hit that refresh button on the bottom of your scene window a couple of times until it works.

It wasn't working for me until I did that.

For example here is a bee character I just did and the angry eyes a keystroked to replace the current eyebrows.  It doesn't work until I hit refresh it a few times

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B79EuhbmRXIRaDZmd29SaHJ4T1E&authuser=0

• 4. Re: Keyboard Trigger on "Eye Blink"
                gregorvogel Level 1

Thanks,

after i used a duplicate layer with another name for the Blinking with a "(b!)" it works.

But it doesn't work with the mouth! Shouldnt' it be the same there?

• 5. Re: Keyboard Trigger on "Eye Blink"
                  Dan Ramirez Adobe Employee

"Call it something else rather then 'blink' and don't use (b)."

--If you want the Face behavior to trigger artwork with the blinks detected from the camera, you'll need to call the layers "Left Blink" or "Right Blink". It isn't case sensitive.

"The software assigned that word and letter specifically for blinking."

--Actually, the (b) keyboard trigger is arbitrary. We've chosen it for many of the included puppets, but you can use any letter you want. Feel free to use (b) for anything you like.

"Also you realize that without the '!' beside the letter it will add to your existing drawing rather than swap out image."

--Yes. This part is very important. If you don't put the "!" after the character chosen for the keyboard trigger, it will simply show up without removing any other layers. Using the "!" should hide all of the other layers at the same level in the puppet.

• 6. Re: Keyboard Trigger on "Eye Blink"
                    gregorvogel Level 1

I found the problem with the mouth.!

I had a "Laugh (L!)" and also had a "Smile (S)" in the group. I needed to rename the "Smile (S)" it to "Smile".

That means:

As soon as you use a webcam or a voice Trigger you cannot use a Keyboard Trigger.

Just duplicate the layer and use a Keyboard Trigger with "!" does work!