8 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2016 11:27 AM by jacksneogen

Masks or using other layers for alpha information? for pupils inside eye balls or mouth animations etc.

Ampman

Setting up my character and looking through your other characters I noticed you didn't use any masks to get the illusion that the pupils and eyelids stayed inside the eyeball region. 

Instead you used a 'eye mask cutout' type of layer over top (Like something the green lantern would wear).  It's a clever work around but it doesn't work if you have floating googling eyes.  I can live with it for now but I like to create characters with large pupils, so it poses a problem when I have large pupils and a small head.

Are you guys looking into this or do you have a work around to prevent pupils from floating off the eyeball that I'm not seeing.

I did figure out that the '### Eyeball' layer is your movement boundary based on the pupils origin point. So having a smaller 'Eyeball' layer to restrict the movement than a larger layer to be the actual white of the eye.  I find this better than adjusting the 'Eye gaze strength' in ch.

Thanks,

Sam Keomanivong

Art Director

Amplomedia