5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2015 1:11 AM by aksagarw

Installation Failed

Pmcbratney

Installation ?Failed.  Not sure next steps. Have tried to restart computer, exit all applications and close window and launch the staller again.  No phone support.  Did I waste my companie's money on this product?

• 1. Re: Installation Failed
          Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What operating system?

What version?

Download (from where) or disc?

Exact wording of any error message?

• 2. Re: Installation Failed
            A.T. Romano Level 7

PMcbratney

There is no phone support for Premiere Elements as far as I have ever found. There is supposed to be online help via Adobe Chat Downloading and Installing.

If you want to explore that opportunity, please click on

https://helpx.adobe.com/sea/contact.html?step=PRE_downloading-installing-setting-up_downlo ading-installing_stillNeedHelp

which represents

Premiere Elements

Downloading, Installing, and Setting Up

Downloading, Installing

Chat Panel

It looks like it is not a 24/7 operation, but you could try to contact it at the times given "Sunday 6 pm - Friday 7 pm PT"

But if you give more details here, perhaps we can help you. Peru Bob has already asked you some critical questions in getting at the reason for your Premiere Elements installation problem. The answers are in the details. There are so many questions that need answers in installation failures.

1. Are you doing the installation with or without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?

Typically installation on Windows computer requires 2 files, one to extract and the second one the program itself. Often the file involved in extraction has problems with the firewall(s).

2. If you are installing from purchased download, did you pick the right set of files for your computer....if 64 bit computer, did you select the 64 bit set of installation files?

3. If Premiere Elements 13 is involved, are you trying to install to Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Mac OSX 10.7. If so, this cannot be done since Premiere Elements does not support these operating systems.

Please answer Peru Bob's questions and then we can explore the answers to those and mine so that we can consider what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Installation Failed
              aksagarw Adobe Employee

please, provide the error message .from where have you downloaded the application,which platform are you running the build.please provide the above details along with installer logs.logs could be found at C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers on win 64, C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Installers on win 32

• 4. Re: Installation Failed
                A.T. Romano Level 7

aksagarw

Thank you for posting in PMcbratney's thread.

Could you clarify....did you want PMcbratney to post the installer logs.logs in this thread or did you intend to offer PMcbratney an email address to which to forward that type of information to your attention and evaluation.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: Installation Failed
                  aksagarw Adobe Employee

PMcbratney/ATR, logs could be sent to my email id aksagarw@adobe.com