3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2015 1:27 PM by dezinewiz

Animation in Adobe Edge Animate 2015 changes after I save and come back

dezinewiz Level 1

Hello All.

So, the 2014 version was fine.  In 2015, I created an animation.  Saved it.  Closed the program.

When I came back, stuff was slightly moved around, and the animation was wonky.

The "center points" of items that I had rotating went from the place that I put them, back to the center, so they rotated incorrectly.

Also, items just flat out decided to move themselves from one part of the stage to another.

Any ideas?

I couldn't find anywhere to downgrade, in the Adobe Creative Cloud application (which I hate to do) back to 2014, but, if I have to, to save my business, time, and sanity, I will.

Usually, the Adobe Creative Cloud application has an option under "Manage Application", or somewhere, I believe.

How do I do this?

Please advise.

Thank you kindly.

-Daniel

• 1. Re: Animation in Adobe Edge Animate 2015 changes after I save and come back
          dezinewiz Level 1

So....

2015 version is absolutely buggy.

I found where to download the most recent 2014 version, from the Adobe Creative Cloud application (thank goodness).

It's more stable, and working correctly, for whatever reason.

• 2. Re: Animation in Adobe Edge Animate 2015 changes after I save and come back
            Jens Barner Level 1

Ful Responsive Scaling behaves unexpected. They did improvements with edge.6.0.0.min.js

that broke my project. I replaced it with edge.5.0.1.min.js and everything seems to be right again.

A little bit hot sewed but maybe this is an option for you to solve your problem, too.

Jens

• 3. Re: Animation in Adobe Edge Animate 2015 changes after I save and come back
              dezinewiz Level 1

So, I figured out what was happening.

1)  Any graphics that you import into Edge Animate need to already be sized down.  If you resize them in Edge Animate, well, I got unexpected results.

2)  You should save out your layers one at a time, in Photoshop.  DO NOT use any batch process to do this.  Once the batch process graphics ended up in E.A., I ran into problems.

3)  Convert anything that you want to rotate to symbols.  Set your anchor point on both the stage, and inside the symbol.  This will make sure that your rotate point stays consistent, from save to save.

4)  This is the second time where I posted up a question, while waiting for a correct answer, troubleshot it myself, and then came back and posted the response.  Maybe I have a hidden career in Adobe technical support?  :-)

Thanks everyone!  Happy creating!