6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2016 4:29 PM by justinhemsley

brainstorm ?

kanadiou Level 1

I notice that brainstorm disappeared, and i saw it as wall on adobe blog.

Well i have to say that i almost never used it, but somebody knows why it has been removed ?

• 1. Re: brainstorm ?
          Tim Kurkoski Adobe Employee

Brainstorm received very low usage. It caused more complaints than it did praise, although I think a lot of that had to do with the fact that the button for Brainstorm was next to the button for graph editor view, and it was clicked accidentally a lot.

Ultimately, Brainstorm would have needed to be rewritten for the new threading architecture in After Effects CC 2015 (13.5). Given the low usage, doing this work was not a priority. If you miss Brainstorm and would like us to update it (and find a different place for the button), please let us know.

• 2. Re: brainstorm ?
            kanadiou Level 1

thank you, i understand.

as i said, i think i rarly use it, maybe almost never. But i didn't nit understand why remove something and not just let it, but you explain why.

thank you !

• 3. Re: brainstorm ?
              Tim Kurkoski Adobe Employee

Don't forget that projects saved by After Effects CC 2015 (13.5) can be opened directly in After Effects 2014 (13.2), without needing to save it back. You can use Brainstorm on the project there, save it, then reopen the project in After Effects CC 2015 (13.5).

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: brainstorm ?
                adamneer Level 2

That was my number one issue with brainstorm - constantly clicking it by accident when I meant to click the graph editor button.  Thank God it's gone, I never used it even once.

• 5. Re: brainstorm ?
                  Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I used it once.

In college.

It was only once - in class - because the professor was trying to show us how to use AE and pointed out that feature as "useful". I saw through his ruse, however.

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: brainstorm ?
                    justinhemsley

That makes sense. I do think it would be nice to see it again, perhaps in a different place for sure.