Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It crashes every single time I:

- delete an item from project panel

- delete a layer from a comp

- close the project

- exit AE

It seems the crash occurs whenever AE is trying to flush the displayed image cache, whenever it needs to refresh the view after something is deleted.

It does not crash when I change things in comp or add layers - just when I delete them.

Abyone else experiencing this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can tell you anything without proper system info or other technical details like the actual crash logs or proper project details. While CC 2015 certainly is a pain, crashes tend to have specific causes and may be specific to your configuration.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do I find crash logs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First time launching after update After Effects Alert Last log message was: Potential oversize effect matchname found: 29FC7C00-CAED-42D4-ADE7-E5045AA8F6C1, actual length: 37, matchname limit: 31 . Generating crash log, which may take a few minutes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having the same crashing issue after I updated after effects cc 2014 to 2015 version. The software crashes when rendering compositions with Element 3D in it (same project file doesn't crash on my old PC).  I'm using the Mac Pro with windows 8.1 installed on it:

ProcessorIntel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v2 @ 3.70GHz, 3701 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/DateApple Inc. MP61.88Z.0116.B11.1501071126, 07/01/2015
AMD FirePro D300 (FireGL V)

Installed Memory : 32 GB

On a separate note, the preview rendering speed was much faster on my older machine which had a K4000 Nvidia on it compared to new Mac Pro which has 2 x AMD FirePro D300 on it.  It would be great if you guys could make after effects work smoother with AMD cards.

Thanks,

Sheryl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a separate note, the preview rendering speed was much faster on my older machine which had a K4000 Nvidia on it compared to new Mac Pro which has 2 x AMD FirePro D300 on it.  It would be great if you guys could make after effects work smoother with AMD cards.

If the projects you're talking about are using Element 3d, that's actually something to talk to the Video Copilot team about. After Effects doesn't use the GPU for anything (well, it uses it to accelerate the ray-traced renderer, but that's a deprecated tool that's being made obsolete by the inclusion of Cinema 4D for free with After Effects).

If your projects aren't using Element, it has nothing to do with the GPU whatsoever (unless you're using the ray-traced renderer).

GPU (CUDA, OpenGL) features in After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2015 Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same issue, constantly get crazing when render.

The way around as for now is output it to Media Endcoder.

Hope very soon that a update will come along to cc2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2015 Sep 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the exact same issues using the newest versions of Element 3D and AE2015.  Running on Yosemite 10.10.5

Mac Pro 5,1.  2.66 Ghz 2x 6 core

48GB RAM

NVidia K4000 Graphics Card

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ur using a mac that's why it aint working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2016 Jul 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get exactly the same problem, I've had to keep working with it and i've built up several dozens of useless layers that I can't delete. Its getting to the stage where it's unbearably discouraging to work with. PLEASE FIX ADOBE!

Radeon Software Version - 16.6.1

Radeon Software Edition - Crimson

Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

Memory Size - 2048 MB

Memory Type - GDDR5

Core Clock - 1100 MHz

Windows Version - Windows 8.1 (64 bit)

System Memory - 16 GB

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00GHz

After Effects Cache folders have been directed to separate internal hard drive (not on C) This is also where the Program files are stored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lol, it's cuz ur pc is cheap just like mine xd

all i did was buy more RAM and a SSD, and overclocked everything more than it should be...  And it runs better now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know your problem as this has happened to me!

All you need to do is go to Adobe help chat(Adobe Support)

And let them share your screen!

They should fix it for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines