3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2015 3:06 PM by Alain Opina

How to render compress to hasten the rendering process in AE CC 2015?

Alain Opina

Good day! I wanted to render fast as well as compress the files on the process. What settings in AE CC 2015 should i be using? Hope to find a simple answer. What setting should i use in the render queue window?

Thank you very much.

• 1. Re: How to render compress to hasten the rendering process in AE CC 2015?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

You need to be more specific. we don't know anything about your requirements, comp settings and whatnot.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: How to render compress to hasten the rendering process in AE CC 2015?
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Fastest rendering is the rendering that uses little compression like image sequences. This may not be the fastest workflow. I use the Adobe Media Encoder to render h.264 proofs for client approval and even to render production masters using good frame based 10 bit or better production formats then jump back into AE to work on other projects while the render is running in the background. Anything not rendered during the work day renders when I say good night to my computer. This means that I almost never sit and wait for something to render. If you want to produce a lot of good work in a short amount of time I suggest that you try to do the same. Waiting for a render to complete before moving on to the next shot is no way to run your life.

Maybe I'm comfortable with this because when I started in the film business you had to send everything to the lab and wait for at least a day, more often a week, to see if what you had done was working.

• 3. Re: How to render compress to hasten the rendering process in AE CC 2015?
              Alain Opina Level 1

I tried the h.264 render with 50% quality. it was  still quite good quality just to lessen the time for rendering. I used 1920x1080 resolution but, lossless takes too long to render. Thanks guys for the answer. I will take note of your inputs as designers. @Rick Gerard thanks will surely do that on my post editing.