2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2017 10:06 AM by Jao vdL

Culling in mobile/tablet

jsdesigns54 Level 1

Hello!

Is there any mobile features where one can have a wedding (in raw) uploaded to the cloud and cull it in a mobile app? That is truly what I am looking for and many other photographers!!! Is there anyway?! And if so, does it give an xmp so I can transfer to my desktop

• 1. Re: Culling in mobile/tablet
          selondon Level 4

If you have a CC account you could upload through Adobe Photoshop Lightroom or Lightroom Mobile with the device's camera connection tool.

These sync back to Lightroom Desktop in one location though (that can be user determined).

• 2. Re: Culling in mobile/tablet
            Jao vdL Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I do this on my iPad using the Lightroom mobile app. Works really well. I just use star ratings and pick flags and do mild edits. They sync straight to the desktop.  Simply import on my desktop. Do a quick initial cull, then make a new collection with all my initial picks and sync those to LR/mobile over creative cloud. This can take a while depending on your internet connection but after it they all show up on my iPad and I can do a lot there. You do need a CC subscription. I wouldn't import through LR/mobile except if you have no access to a real computer with Lightroom. I wrote about that workflow last year here: Jao's photo blog: A mobile workflow with Lightroom?  it works but has its problems.