3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2015 6:52 PM by Brucgovn

Issues installing CS5 on new Mac - no cd drive. Forums send me to chat, but no Chat available. Frustrating!

shalbleib

I'm getting an error 6. I looked through the forums and tried a few things suggested with no luck. One fella suggested chatting w/ Adobe but that's not an option when I go through the steps - forum discussion only...

• 1. Re: Issues installing CS5 on new Mac - no cd drive. Forums send me to chat, but no Chat available. Frustrating!
          Brucgovn Adobe Community Professional

Can you post screenshot of error message?

Did you downloaded installer file using link below ?

Download CS5 products

• 2. Re: Issues installing CS5 on new Mac - no cd drive. Forums send me to chat, but no Chat available. Frustrating!
            shalbleib Level 1

Well...things went from bad to worse. I had not seen the installer link so I thought I'd try that. Can't access serial numbers from the computer as far as I can tell (I know you used to be able to) and I don't have the software on hand. One of my former coworkers walked off with it... Now what? I definitely cannot afford new software. I should add, if I knew our old Adobe login, I presume I might be able to find serial numbers there but it's been years and I have no idea what our login was. I was used to being able to move the apps to a new computer w/ no issue so I didn't figure I would run into these problems. Any suggestions?Screen Shot 2015-06-20 at 12.58.46 PM.png

• 3. Re: Issues installing CS5 on new Mac - no cd drive. Forums send me to chat, but no Chat available. Frustrating!
              Brucgovn Adobe Community Professional

Follow below steps :

Follow below steps :

Step 1 :

1) Right click on Finder icon and  select "Go-To" Folder option.
              2) You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key.( Do not miss ~ symbol)

~/library

3)Then navigate to Application Support>Adobe

Right click on Adobe folder and select "GetInfo" option.

Expand the Sharing & Permissions section.

Click the lock icon in the lower-right corner. Enter your administrator user name and password when prompted, and then click OK.

Please click on '+' symbol , it will open list of user accounts. Add Currently logged in user name and Administrator option,

Then provide "Read & Write" permission to Currently logged in user name and Administrator option,.

Click the Gear icon, and select Apply to Enclosed Item. Close the Get Info dialog box.

Step 2:

1) Right click on Finder icon and  select "Go-To" Folder option.
              2) You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key.

/library

3)Then navigate to Application Support>Adobe

Right click on Adobe folder and select "GetInfo" option.

Expand the Sharing & Permissions section.

Click the lock icon in the lower-right corner. Enter your administrator user name and password when prompted, and then click OK.

Please click on '+' symbol , it will open list of user accounts. Add Currently logged in user name and Administrator option,

Then provide "Read & Write" permission to Currently logged in user name and Administrator option,.

Click the Gear icon, and select Apply to Enclosed Item. Close the Get Info dialog box.

Once you had provided full permissions to Adobe folder from both Libraries ( ~/library and /library) ,  launch Photoshop app and check.