1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 20, 2015 1:27 PM by 99jon

I bought Lightroom 6 license on May 19 C0285456502 and it will not let me use the provided serial number for installation

jwpulliam9256

I bought Lightroom 6 license on May 19 C0285456502 and it will not let me use the provided serial number for installation on my MacBook PRO. IT WORKS ON MY IMAC, but will not let me use the same serial number on a second computer. I've been through this forum crap countless times and it seems Adobe doesn't give a crap about solving problems for their customers. All I want is a solution. Every time I try to use the serial number it gives me a message that the serial number is not recognized or something to that effect. I reinstalled my copy of Lightroom 5 from a disk and would like to have a disk for  Lightroom 6 I don't want Lightroom CC. After all I did pay for it and it is supposed to go on two computers and you have made the upgrade process a night mare.

• 1. Re: I bought Lightroom 6 license on May 19 C0285456502 and it will not let me use the provided serial number for installation
          99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It may be necessary to clear out the hosts file. It sometimes gets littered with extra ip addresses following attempts from the activation sever and they should all be deleted.

This is what a Hosts file looks like normally.

HostsAdobeNormal.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-05-23 at 08.33.50 copy.png

Windows

Choose Start > Run, type %systemroot% \system32\drivers\etc, and then press Enter.

Right-click the hosts file and select Open. Select Notepad for the application to open the hosts file.

Back up the hosts file: Choose File > Save As, save the file as hosts.backup, and then click OK.

Search the original hosts file for entries that reference activate.adobe.com (for example, 127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com) and delete these entries.

Save and close to overwrite the file.

Mac OSX

In a Finder window, choose Go > Go To Folder.

Type /etc

Select the hosts file and open it.

Back up the hosts file: Choose File > Save As, save the file as hosts.backup, and then click OK.

Search the original hosts file for entries that reference activate.adobe.com (for example, 127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com) and delete these entries.

Save and close to overwrite the file.

N.B. You may have to temporarily disable you security software to modify your hosts file.