1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 20, 2015 1:33 PM by A.T. Romano

For years I used Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 very satisfactorily.  I'm retired, and I make numerous videos for local non-profits at my expense.  Now my faithful old program is obsolete and I must replace it.      I shoot on Mini-DV tape, and normally capture scene

jamese18498626

For years I used Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 very satisfactorily.  I'm retired, and I make numerous videos for local non-profits at my expense.  Now my faithful old program is obsolete and I must replace it.

I shoot on Mini-DV tape, and normally capture scenes from my JVC player with a firewire connection. It's essential that I have a program that easily captures timed scenes like the Premiere 2.0 did.  How can I do that?  I also record narration on Min-DV and import it into my shows.

I'm in the market for an editing program as versatile and easy to use as Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 was -- and one that does what I want, not what it does automatically. I have enough of that with Windows 8 in my new Lenovo now. 

I have a trial version of Adobe Premiere Elements 13 and I think I'd like to buy it, but I need to know how to capture timed scenes from my Mini-DV tapes.

Jim Eaton