6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2015 7:50 AM by A.T. Romano

Many Problems with PE.  I was told this program would be as a chat and I would get direct answers

semoial35139647 Level 1

Titles:

[1-How do you set a default for an entire title, the style AAND the location?

2- How do you repeat the titles with default settings including the size?  All I have to do is change the number on each title.  Cut and paste will change the info on every title instead of allowing you to just change a number.

][

3- I have continual crashes.

4-Where do I find the backup?  My last crash corrupted the file t5hat was ready to be uploaded!!

5-My old files have also been corrupted but they are perfect on my site.  How do I from that file convert it to being mobile friendly?

6-Normally, how do you save out to make a slide show mobile friendly?

7-I had done some check box that I had thought was isn the transition drop down to check that the same duration and placement should be applied to all transitions but now I can’t find it.

(-If I am not able to get my perfect copy back, am I able to copy the tilters from the corrupted file onto a new show?

9-I do not want the entire library that you give, they have nothing to do with what I do.  I do,however, wish to have all of my work stored in the library. How is that done?

• 1. Re: Many Problems with PE.  I was told this program would be as a chat and I would get direct answers
          A.T. Romano Level 7

semoial

This is not Adobe. Rather user to user. We will try to help you. But, the answers will be in the details that you supply.

For the start, we need to know what version of Premiere Elements you are using? And, on what computer operating system is it running? When you talk about slideshows are you in the Elements Organizer and not the Premiere Elements Editor?

1. How do you set a default for an entire title, the style AND the location?

Refer to Adobe Premiere Elements Help | Creating and trimming titles

If you want to set a default for the opened Titler of the program - create your title in the Titler, go to Styles section of the Titler, right click (DO NOT SELECT) any Styles thumbnail, select Save Style from the menu that appears. Then right click the new thumbnail for your new Style, and select Save Style As Default.

How do you repeat the titles with default settings including the size?  All I have to do is change the number on each title.  Cut and paste will change the info on every title instead of allowing you to just change a number.

You have to duplicate the first title's thumbnail in the project media section of whatever version of Premiere Elements that you are using. Right click the title's thumbnail, select Duplicate. Then you bring that Duplicate to the Timeline, double click it to open the Titler where you edit the Title. Use the Duplicate approach for each of your titles that you need to edit. Title files with the same file name will result in what you got - change one title and all the rest come out the same.

I have continual crashes.

For this, need more information, including project settings, properties of source media, computer resources, video card/graphics card and so on.

Where do I find the backup?  My last crash corrupted the file t5hat was ready to be uploaded!!

Are you working with the AutoSave feature enabled? If so, the AutoSave are found by default (Windows) in Libraries/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/number of your version/Adobe Premiere Elements AutoSave Folder.

Adobe Premiere Elements Help | Saving and backing up projects

My old files have also been corrupted but they are perfect on my site.  How do I from that file convert it to being mobile friendly?

More information from you needed on devices involved and other details related to project settings and source files for project. Generalizing

H.264.mp4 or H.264.mov would be a consideration.

See Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD and appropriate .mp4 presets.

See Publish+Share/Computer/QuickTIme and appropriate.mov presets.

Normally, how do you save out to make a slide show mobile friendly?

See 5. Also, what is your preference for player and/or device? Remember that menus come only with the disc end products. There is no menu with a Timeline exported to a file saved to the computer hard drive.

I had done some check box that I had thought was isn the transition drop down to check that the same duration and placement should be applied to all transitions but now I can’t find it.

Not sure what you are asking here. If you want to know how to apply the default transition to all the Timeline transitions at the same time, then select all the clips involved at the same time, go to Timeline Menu/Apply Default Transition.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/applying-transitions-clips.html

For having all the clips selected at the same time, hold down the Shift key (Windows) and click on all those clips you want selected all at one time.

or

Use the mouse to draw a rectangle around the wanted clips to select them.

8. You do not have a question numbered 8. Maybe this is it

If I am not able to get my perfect copy back, am I able to copy the tilters from the corrupted file onto a new show?

There is a special way to save a title created in the Titler for use in another project.

a. Create the title in the Titler. Close the Titler.

b. Go to the project media area and find the thumbnail for the title that you created. Select/highlight it.

c. Then go to File Menu/Export/Title and export the title as a .prtl file saved to the computer hard drive.

I do not want the entire library that you give, they have nothing to do with what I do.  I do,however, wish to have all of my work stored in the library. How is that done?

I do not know what you mean by this question. Please explain what you want to get rid of.

Again, this is not Adobe or a branch of Adobe Chat. This is a user to user forum named Adobe Premiere Elements Forum. Online Adobe Chat staffed by Adobe employees can be accessed, but its support is limited even for users of the current version of Premiere Elements.

Adobe Premiere Elements Help | Premiere Elements Learn & Support

Contact Customer Care

We are glad for the opportunity to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to ask questions and to ask for clarification on any of the above.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Many Problems with PE.  I was told this program would be as a chat and I would get direct answers
            semoial35139647 Level 1

I am using 12 on a Mac Maverick.  When I get he I will try your suggestions.  I had done some of them but had mot continued to the thumbnail.

Semoia

C'est Moi

808 870 6235

Sent from my iPhone

• 3. Re: Many Problems with PE.  I was told this program would be as a chat and I would get direct answers
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Semoia

Thank you for the reply.

Since you report that you have Premiere Elements 12, please update it to 12.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates. One of the major benefits of the 12.1 Update is that it gets rid of a Text Styles issue that you will run into in the Expert workspace only of the program.

Best wishes

ATR

• 4. Re: Many Problems with PE.  I was told this program would be as a chat and I would get direct answers
                semoial35139647 Level 1

Titles:

[1-How do you set a default for an entire title, the style AAND the location?

2- How do you repeat the titles with default settings including the size?  All I have to do is change the number on each title.  Cut and paste will change the info on every title instead of allowing you to just change a number.

][

3- I have continual crashes.

4-Where do I find the backup?  My last crash corrupted the file t5hat was ready to be uploaded!!

5-My old files have also been corrupted but they are perfect on my site.  ow do I from that file convert it to being mobile friendly?

6-Normally, how do you save out to make a slide show mobile friendly?

7-I had done some check box that I had thought was isn the transition drop down to check that the same duration and placement should be applied to all transitions but now I can’t find it.

(-If I am not able to get my perfect copy back, am I able to copy the tilters from the corrupted file onto a new show?

9-I do not want the entire library that you give, they have nothing to do with what I do.  I do,however, wish to have all of my work stored in the library. How is that done?

• 5. Re: Many Problems with PE.  I was told this program would be as a chat and I would get direct answers
                  semoial35139647 Level 1

I think I sent this e-mail to an incorrect address so I am doing a re-send.

• 6. Re: Many Problems with PE.  I was told this program would be as a chat and I would get direct answers
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

semoial

Just saw your post numbered 5.

Your post 4 is displaying your original questions again which I have already answered in post 1.

Please review the posting situation. We will be watching for additional posts from you.

Thank you.

ATR