8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2015 6:35 AM by A.T. Romano

Where do i find the garbage matte?

Velocity21

so i tried going to video effects then keying but when it showed i did not see the garbage matte where do i find it (free trial)

• 1. Re: Where do i find the garbage matte?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

In the Keying video effects you'll find three different Garbage Mattes.

• 2. Re: Where do i find the garbage matte?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Velocity

i tried going to video effects then keying but when it showed i did not see the garbage matte where do i find it (free trial)

Since you already know coming into this thread where the garbages mattes are supposed to be, please review the following detailed directions as to where they are:

Assuming Premiere Elements 13 since you mention that you are using tryout...

And, assuming Premiere Elements 13 Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit for now.

What workspace of the Premiere Elements are you in? Expert and Quick.

You want to be in the Expert workspace

fx Effects Tab at bottom of workspace/Keying and then select one of the garbage mattes. You can also go to Action Bar Menu/Effects route to get to Effects...Garbage Mattes.JPG

Please note:

Four-Point Garbage Matte

Eight-Point Garbage Matte

Sixteen-Point Garbage Matte

Again, make sure that you are in the Expert workspace as highlighted in the headers in the top of the workspace in the screenshot.

Please let us know the outcome as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Where do i find the garbage matte?
              Velocity21 Level 1

i went to the workspace folder in Window and i saw effects, audio, editing (which i was currently on), color, assembly and metalogging but no expert where do i find that on

• 4. Re: Where do i find the garbage matte?

You get to the Expert workspace by clicking the Expert tab at the top of the interface, Izak.

You get to video effects by clicking on the Effects button on the Action Bar along the bottom of the interface.

If you'd like some help with the basics, you may want to check out my free 8 part Basic Training for Premiere Elements tutorials at Muvipix.com.

*** Welcome to Muvipix.com ***

• 5. Re: Where do i find the garbage matte?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Velocity21

Thank you for the reply. Let us go over the details that I posted one more time to determine if there is a flaw in your program or whether you are overlooking an important part of the details.

Your target has been finding the garbage mattes in Premiere Elements 13/13.1.

First, are you using Premiere Elements 13/13.1 or some earlier version of the program? Important, since the details are different for Premiere Elements earlier than 11. I asked about version previously, but you did not acknowledge that information. If you are using 13.....

Again assuming that you have Premiere Elements 13....

Finding-Expert.jpg

Click on Expert to get Expert workspace. Click on fx Effects Tab at bottom of the Expert workspace to get to Keying and the garbage mattes.

Looking forward to your results. Please ask if you need further clarification.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: Where do i find the garbage matte?
                    Velocity21 Level 1

im using the 2015 verion

• 7. Re: Where do i find the garbage matte?

I think that means version 13. And, if so, the directions we've been giving you will work.

On the other hand, the fact that you're calling it "the 2015 version" makes me wonder if you're actually using Premiere Elements at all. Could you be using the Creative Cloud instead?

• 8. Re: Where do i find the garbage matte?
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Velocity21

Thanks for the reply.

Do not give up. Let us try again to work through to a solution.

Could you post a screenshot of your program's Expert Editor workspace and what it is showing under Help Menu/About Adobe Premiere Elements.

If you have Premiere Elements 13, your screenshot should look like

InSearchProgram.jpg

What is the program and version that you see listed after you click on Help Menu/About Adobe Premiere Elements?

Is there any possibility that you could have downloaded Photoshop Elements 13 (photo editor) instead of Premiere Elements 13 (video editor)?

If you need help posting a screenshot, please refer to

The specified item was not found.

You may not need the screenshot depending on what you see under Help Menu/About Adobe Premiere Elements.

Thanks.

ATR