4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2015 12:10 PM by Szalam

CC2015 AE preview issues

mechaPhoneHome Level 1

Screen Shot 2015-06-20 at 21.02.42.png

This is what I have had for a few times.

The only way to get rid off it is to click the other composition tab and switch back.

Running on a MacPro 64GB I suppose it can't be the lack of memory.

• 1. Re: CC2015 AE preview issues
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

So I'm guessing that the blue color is the problem. It looks like you may be trying to use the paint tool. I can't tell if you are running a preview when the frame turns blue or if the problem happens when you are trying to paint. I also don't know what the source footage format it. There are a bunch of layers in the timeline. Is this a composite? I guess want I'm saying is that I don't understand what you are trying to do when the problem appears. I think it is most likely coming from the decoding of the source footage or from some kind of cache issue. To check for cache problems try purging image cache. To check for decoding problems from the footage try replacing the footage layer with footage with a different format or try sliding the footage left or right in the timeline to look at a different frame. Try soloing the layer to see if any other layer is causing the problem. If none of that gives you any indication of what the problem is then please explain your workflow in detail.

• 2. Re: CC2015 AE preview issues
            mechaPhoneHome Level 1

It is a cache problem. It seems CC2015 ha more issues concerning the cache.
            It has nothing to do with the paint. I get it now and then when I apply fx on a layer. The only way to get rid of it is to check the other tab and go back.

All the other (solo, moving etc) don't work.

• 3. Re: CC2015 AE preview issues
              mechaPhoneHome Level 1

Same issue new color!

Screen Shot 2015-07-01 at 18.43.43.png

• 4. Re: CC2015 AE preview issues
                Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Please provide as much information as you can. System info (OS, hardware, etc.), other software running, what third-party plugins you have installed, what effects you're applying when you get these errors, what format and codec the footage in the project is, etc..

Does this happen in every project or only certain projects? Has this ever happened in CC 2014 or CC or CS6?

If it goes away when you click off and then back on, it's not likely to be a cache issue. The cache is persistent and shouldn't be refreshed just by switching tabs. Let's see if we can figure out what the issue is!