• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation Problem: IMSLIB not found. Acrobat Services will not work.

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2015 Jun 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just installed Acrobat Pro DC through Creative Cloud.

Upon opening for the first time, I get the pop up "Installation Problem: IMSLIB not found.  Acrobat Services will not work."

I've tried uninstalling, running the Acrobat cleanup tool, restarting and re-installing through CC, and still get the same error.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jun 28, 2015 Jun 28, 2015

Hi Lisa,

Please uninstall Adobe Acrobat DC using the CC cleaner tool, restart your computer & reinstall it using this link Free Acrobat Pro DC | Download Adobe Acrobat Pro DC free trial.

Let me know if the issue persist.

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jun 28, 2015 Jun 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lisa,

Please uninstall Adobe Acrobat DC using the CC cleaner tool, restart your computer & reinstall it using this link Free Acrobat Pro DC | Download Adobe Acrobat Pro DC free trial.

Let me know if the issue persist.

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2015 Jul 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still issue.  Tried a direct install of Adobe DC and via Creative Cloud.  Same error about the IMSLIB file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2015 Jul 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey lisas98531558,

Thank you for your response.

IMSLIB.dll file is associated with Adobe Photoshop program as a part of Creative Cloud application.

You might try deactivating and reactivating the full Creative Cloud package using Photoshop (from the Help menu) and then restart the application.

Now, check Acrobat might also start working without any further problem.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Anubha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2015 Jul 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem with one of my users. However, they do not have photoshop. How would we fix this then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can one find the cleaner tool? What happens after downloading the free trial version? Mine is paid for!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2015 Sep 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Having the same issue. Tried all the suggestions. None of them work for me. Can I get a solution for this error, please?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2015 Sep 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't own Photoshop - any suggestions ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. No Photoshop installed. I installed with the directions on this page:

Creative Cloud Help | Deploying Adobe Acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2015 Sep 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, however I cannot seem to find the option to deactivate and reactivate the creative cloud package through photoshop.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Acrobat several times in several ways, each time with no change.

I did a search for instances of IMSLib.dll on my hard drives, and here are the folder locations of the instances I've found:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\P7\x64

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\P7

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\P6

D:\Program Files\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015

D:\Program Files\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015

D:\Program Files\Adobe After Effects CC 2015\Support Files

D:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\CCLibrary\js\node_modules\node-imslib\IMSLib\libraries\win32\Release

Keeping in mind that before I installed Creative Cloud, I set up Windows 10 to install all programs to the D: (secondary drive) instead of C: (Where Windows is installed).  Does any of this help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2015 Nov 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

All the mentioned solutions did not work for me. However, by installing "adobe application manager" all the error messages I was getting disappeared.

Regards,

Kadir Islow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2016 Mar 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed Kislow - I had uninstalled that app (thinking I didn't need it) and started getting this error. Now after reinstalling, everything seems to be working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same message and it automatically directed me to reinstall Adobe Creative Cloud. Once, I reinstalled ACC, all working normally again.

It should be noted that I did uninstall, ran Adobe Scrub, and reinstalled Acrobat. Also, although I do have the entire Creative Cloud Suite, I was only getting this error when launching Acrobat. Furthermore, when I uninstalled Acrobat manually–from the control panel–this is when some how, Adobe CC uninstalled. When I launched Acrobat is when the aforementioned message to install the "application manager"/Adobe CC, came up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue. And tried all the procedures described in this page but all failed.

When I tried to install Adobe Application Manager, I got an error such as "Initialization Failed in Install Program", translated from Korean error message to English.

I have nothing to do any more.

Is there new solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled several times using the CC Cleaner tool and the same message keep appearing. My OS is Win 10.

It just seems that to many people have the same problem? In the first place it is a mission to get Adobe Creative Cloud to install. Every uninstall and download cost people data. Adobe surly you can come-up with a better solution!!

Not even a help desk to speak to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typical Adobe.  No solutions to problems that they are ell aware of.   They take your money.  They provide no service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue ended up being a memory error.  I ended up replacing the memory, formatting my machine, and now everything works well.  This however is specific to my machine, and I don't know if it would apply to any of the other posters here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2016 Apr 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got resolved the problem relrated to Acrobat DC starting errors.

"IMSLIB not found. Acrobat Services will not work"

Resolution procedure is basically deletion of following folders related to Acrobat.

Step. 1: Cleaning with Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool available at http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

Step. 2: Manual Deletion of C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe

Step. 3: Manual Deletion of C:\Users\USER_ID\AppData\Local\Adobe

• Folders related to Step. 2 and 3 are protected by permission.  Hence I used MS powershell with Administrator privilege.

Step. 4: Installation of Acrobat DC available at Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC, XI, or X

If above procedure fails, please find "Adobe" folders in your PC and remove it using powershell with admin privilege.

FYI,

Adobe ARM lives in :\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0

Adobe AAM lives in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\AdobeApplicationManager

Hope the information is helpful to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2016 Jul 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found one more thing that can cause this problem. I had set my default installation directory for programs to a secondary drive - not the Windows default of C:\Program Files (x86). I repeatedly got the IMSLib error. I tried all the above recommendations and nothing fixed it. I finally changed the installation directory back to the Windows default on C: (you have to use RegEdit) and reinstalled. Everything worked fine. So add that to your troubleshooting options!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typical Adobe.  No solution.  Everyone is guessing.   They know this is a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just Received a pop up after getting the IMSLIB missing message to go and download the adobe application manager that my key was missing or corrupt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC that I paid for. Everything was working fine and then one day I opened a PDF file and received the above message regarding IMSLib. All the suggestions for fixing the problem refer to the free copy. Any suggestions, my husband uses the program for his business.

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a way to solve the problem:

1. Download the IMSLib.dll from this link: https://www.dllme.com/dll/files/imslib_dll.html

2. Copy all the content to this folder: C:\Windows\System32\ (suppose you are installing windows on C drive).

3. Done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe common don't propose stupid answers as Microsoft !!! uninstall all reinstall and get same error or issue !!!

Even more how you can mark it as "ANSWERED" !!! ???

Be Constructive & first check your solution by self !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't fix my error with the provided "Answer".  It doesn't work for my machine.  Windows 7 with a SSD as my boot drive.

The only Acrobat Cleaner Tools I've found are for stand-alone Acrobat Pro installations, and I am a CC user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines