3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2015 11:06 AM by 99jon

Cannot connect to Adobe Activation Server for LR 6 Windows 7 install

pundamilia2004

Spent three hours in chat with Adobe support and they could not find a solution. When I ping activate.adobe.com, the first time it returns, but subsequent pings do not respond. Not using a proxy server. Never had problems connecting to any other secure server. Tried with "clean boot" got same result.

Tried Install on another Windows 7 system in the same network and it worked fine.

?????????

Rick

• 1. Re: Cannot connect to Adobe Activation Server for LR 6 Windows 7 install
          99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It may be necessary to clear out the hosts file. It sometimes gets littered with extra ip addresses following attempts from the activation sever and they should all be deleted.

This is what a Hosts file looks like normally.

HostsAdobeNormal.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-05-23 at 08.33.50 copy.png

Windows

Choose Start > Run, type %systemroot% \system32\drivers\etc, and then press Enter.

Right-click the hosts file and select Open. Select Notepad for the application to open the hosts file.

Back up the hosts file: Choose File > Save As, save the file as hosts.backup, and then click OK.

Search the original hosts file for entries that reference activate.adobe.com (for example, 127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com) and delete these entries.

Save and close to overwrite the file.

Mac OSX

In a Finder window, choose Go > Go To Folder.

Type /etc

Select the hosts file and open it.

Back up the hosts file: Choose File > Save As, save the file as hosts.backup, and then click OK.

Search the original hosts file for entries that reference activate.adobe.com (for example, 127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com) and delete these entries.

Save and close to overwrite the file.

N.B. You may have to temporarily disable you security software to modify your hosts file.

• 2. Re: Cannot connect to Adobe Activation Server for LR 6 Windows 7 install
            pundamilia2004 Level 1

My hosts file is exactly like the first example that you gave. It has not changed from the original file from Microsoft.

I have also tried turning off the Windows Firewall and the router Firewall, but nothing seems to make a difference. Adobe still thinks I am not connected to the internet.

Thanks.

Rick

• 3. Re: Cannot connect to Adobe Activation Server for LR 6 Windows 7 install
              99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Sorry Rick, I don't have any more ideas. I think you have tried most of the known troubleshooting here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/troubleshoot-cant-connect-online-service.html

It may be necessary to go back to tech support. Perhaps a different person might crack it.