8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2015 4:29 PM by ERobicheaux

Lightroom CC login required to CC

ERobicheaux Level 1

What's the deal. My understanding is that I only have to log into Creative Cloud/Adobe once a month to verify my ownership. If I sign out of CC, turn off the computer, turn it back on and open Lightroom CC, I am required to log into Creative Cloud to verify the that I own it/registered. This means that I cannot operate offline on a lap top. This is NOT what we were told by Adobe. There is a reason I don't want to be constantly connect to Adobe. They are messing up computers with their downloads.. This is what I warned about when they decided to go subscriptions.....

• 1. Re: Lightroom CC login required to CC
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

My understanding is that if you’re online it makes you sign in every time.  However, if you’re offline, entirely, then it shouldn’t, as long as you were signed in the last time you were online before you shutdown.

Are you seeing something different or just assuming what will happen if you’re offline based on what happens when you’re online?

One caveat is that being connected to an internal network is enough to make CC think you’re “online” and require a login, even if your internal network is disconnected from the internet.  I think Adobe may fix this at some point, but so far they hadn’t with LR 6.0/2015.0.  We did get a new CC App Manager before LR CC 2015.1 so maybe it is different, now, and I haven’t run into the situation, yet, to verify.

• 2. Re: Lightroom CC login required to CC
            ERobicheaux Level 1

I have been a member of the Creative Cloud Photography options since its inception. It has always been my understanding that one did not have to be signed into the Cloud all the time to use the product, one just needed to verify the ownership once a month. This implies that if my computer is on-line and I open a CC product I have to sign in to use it. This is a Major issue. Please see this link http://www.dslrbodies.com/accessories/software-for-nikon-dslrs/software-news/the-thunderst orm-in-adobes.html. If this is the status of Adobe now, I am going back to my stand alone LR product that Adobe promised was not going subscription, which is what LRCC did.

• 3. Re: Lightroom CC login required to CC

Signing out deactivates CC on the computer, as it warns when you do it, until you sign in, again, so the article doesn’t give correct advice.

If Adobe makes it so not contacting their servers is enough to make it think you’re offline, then blocking ports would be a way to have it use your cached credentials.

• 4. Re: Lightroom CC login required to CC
                ERobicheaux Level 1

I am sorry, but this is unacceptable. NO more. Going use my LR 5, Capture One and DXO....

• 5. Re: Lightroom CC login required to CC

Your departure from Adobe is much less painful for them than the 1000s or even millions of customers they'd lose if their copy-protection wasn't so complicated, and people downloaded and used it for free.

• 6. Re: Lightroom CC login required to CC
                    ERobicheaux Level 1

Thanks for your comment but your statement is not accurate and does not consider reality. I am sure this is the justification that Adobe always uses. However, did you read the link that I provided from Thom Hogan. The issue is Adobe's inability to deliver reliable updates without bugs. In a prior life I used to be in charge of a data processing department and we did not allow another organization to make updates to our systems. Adobe is virtually the only software organization that runs their business this way. Only a cool-aid drinker would allow there system to remain tethered to a third party given the increased lack of security that exists on the internet.

• 7. Re: Lightroom CC login required to CC
                      ERobicheaux Level 1

You know what really steams me is that Adobe sells LR 6 as a stand alone which it "promised" the photography community, but it is virtually impossible to find the link with which to purchase it. I can find the full price version link but for the life of me I cannot find the link to purchase the upgrade. Talk about a user friendly company.......I did it.

• 8. Re: Lightroom CC login required to CC
                        ERobicheaux Level 1

Ok, I purchased an upgrade and have downloaded LR6. How do I register and operate offline without the cloud?