11 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2015 2:05 AM by johnd6510022

Premiere elements

johnd6510022 Level 1

I have elements 9 and premiere elements 9. I bought elements 13 and uninstalled elements 9. Now premiere elements 9 will not work.  I get error 1. Has anybody got any ideas please.

John

• 1. Re: Premiere elements
          A.T. Romano Level 7

johnd

What computer operating system is involved? I will assume Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit for now.

Please uninstall Premiere Elements 9 the usual control panel route.

Important: Do a free ccleaner run through to get rid of leftovers from incomplete uninstalls reinstalls from Adobe and non Adobe products.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Do the regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts of this cleaner.

Then reinstall the program with antivirus and firewalls disabled.

After the 9.0 install, install the 9.0.1 update

Adobe - Premiere Elements : For Windows : Premiere Elements 9.0.1 update

Make sure

a. video card/graphics card driver version is up to date according to the manufacturer of the card or the manufacturer of the computer.

If the driver version is up to date, consider deleting the BadDrivers.txt file. See

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: BadDrivers.Txt File Locations

b. do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer, and are you running the programs as administrator?

c. does problem exist with or without antivirus and firewalls disabled?

Let us see the outcome from all of the above. We will be watching for your progress as your schedule permits.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere elements
            johnd6510022 Level 1

ATR

I have done everything you suggested but I still cannot open premiere elements.

I only get this message below

It was working until I uninstalled elements 9

John

• 3. Re: Premiere elements
              Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

johnd6510022 wrote:

I only get this message below

Your message did not appear in the post.

• 4. Re: Premiere elements
                A.T. Romano Level 7

johnd

Thanks for the follow ups. For some reason your last post (#2) did not included important news but did not include the error message. Error 1 again?

Although I have other things for you to do, please post the message that did not get through - that is - the message saying what the error message was when you reinstalled the program - Still Error 1 or something else? And, how far did you get in the reinstall when the installation failed.

At this point

1. Delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and, if that does not work, then delete the whole 9.0 Folder in which it exists.

For Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, the path to that file is

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 9.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. And, if that does not work, you delete the whole 9.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives enabled so that you can see the complete path given.

If "1" does not solved the problem, then...

2. Reinstall Photoshop Elements 9 and let us know if that lets you open Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1.

3. Not to take anything for granted, when you said that you did all of my suggestions and the problem still existed, did you do all including

ccleaner (regular and registry) part, deletion of the BadDrivers.txt file.....?

4. What did you use to reinstall the Premiere Elements 9 - installation files or installation disc?

Thanks again for the follow ups. Looking forward to your results.

ATR

• 5. Re: Premiere elements
                  johnd6510022 Level 1

Peru Bob

Sorry I did not know about attachments.

It said uninstall and reinstall.  error 1

John

• 6. Re: Premiere elements
                    Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Follow ATR's instructions and post back your results.

• 7. Re: Premiere elements
                      johnd6510022 Level 1

A.T Romano

It said error 1

Premiere elements installed but when I try to open it I get the error 1 message.

I have been in the folder and there are 2 purple icons: Application 111kB and Application 4282 kB.

Clicking the first gives the error 1 box but the second opens Premiere elements and it appears to work

John

• 8. Re: Premiere elements
                        johnd6510022 Level 1

Peru Bob

I have but it still does not open from the desktop shortcut.

John

• 9. Re: Premiere elements
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

John

Great news. I believe that you have resolved your issue.

Please confirm

1. We went to

Local Disk C

Program Files (x86)

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 9

and in the Adobe Premiere Elements 9 Folder are two files

Adobe Premiere Elements 9.exe - opens the program from the Welcome Screen

and

Adobe Premiere Elements.exe - opens the program bypassing the Welcome Screen

If double clicking the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe file works to open the program, then create a desktop shortcut for it and open the program from the desktop using that newly created Premiere Elements 9 shortcut. To do this - right click the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe file, select Send To and then "Desktop (Create Shortcut)".

What you could also do is right click the desktop icon and then select and apply Run As Administrator from the menu that appears.

You can also right click the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe file and select and apply Run As Administrator in its hard drive save location (but it opened for you there anyway as it turned out).

Please review and consider. It looks like congratulations are in order for your success.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...John... Lots more to talk about, but let us see if we can get the above out of the way. Next I want to see if you can open the Elements Organizer and define all that is working and what is not (if any).

• 10. Re: Premiere elements
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

John

I do not think that we need screenshots at this point, but if you ever need to post a screenshot, the information in the following link should be useful.

The specified item was not found.

ATR

• 11. Re: Premiere elements
                              johnd6510022 Level 1

Thanks for the help

John