10 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2015 10:37 AM by A.T. Romano

Sony HDR-HR12

vegasnovice

My first download to Premiere Elements didn't work right, since no sound is audible.  Did I lose the sound forever since the disk was erased?  PLEASE HELP as I am worried I lost valuable precious footage.

• 1. Re: Sony HDR-HR12
          Lilybiri MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Hi, I suspect you posted in the wrong forum. This is a subforum of Captivate. I will move your question to the Premiere Elements forum.

• 2. Re: Sony HDR-HR12
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Did you plug your camcorder into your computer via USB and then use Premiere Elements' Add Media/From Flip and Camcorder tool to import the video from the camcorder? That should work. Especially if you give the program a minute or two to conform the audio once it's been imported.

• 3. Re: Sony HDR-HR12
              A.T. Romano Level 7

vegasnovice

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system?

Regarding your Sony HDR-HR12

What is the format of the video that the camcorder is recording? Is the camcorder recording audio as Dolby Digital 5.1 channel?

What is your project preset? When you open the project, do you see a 5.1 in the upper right hand corner of the Audio 1 space as seen in the following screenshot from Premiere Elements 13/3.1 Windows 64 bit.

5.1.JPG

Recently there have been reports of video with Dolby Digital 5.1 channel having problems in project when the project preset is not described for 5.1 channel.

Please review, consider, and supply more details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Sony HDR-HR12
                vegasnovice Level 1

Not sure as I am away from home now.  If not I will see whether any files remain on the memory card. Thanks for responding.

Sent from my iPhone

• 5. Re: Sony HDR-HR12
                  vegasnovice Level 1

Will check this when I get home.  Thanks for responding.

Sent from my iPhone

• 6. Re: Sony HDR-HR12
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

vegasnovice

Thanks for the reply and considering the suggestions.

If it turns out the 5.1 channel source and the lack of a suitable Adobe 5.1 channel project preset, I can tell you how to create one easily.

This worked for another recently. However, problems with the same symptoms can (often do) have different causes. But, worth a look into.

We will be watching for your progress as your schedule permits.

Thanks and safe travel.

ATR

• 7. Re: Sony HDR-HR12
                      Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Have you tried the solution I offered before ATR wedged her way into our conversation?

Premiere Elements will indeed work with AVCHD and 5.1 audio -- IF you properly import that video into your project.

• 8. Re: Sony HDR-HR12
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

vegasnovice

To add to and clarify my contributions that I have made in your thread

1. There is no question that most video with 5.1 channel can work in Premiere Elements. However sometimes the appropriate project preset does not come described for 5.1 channel and then possible problems.

2. As I pointed out, I was involved in a very recent thread here where this went to the core of the problem and a quick resolution of the issue.

3. Consequently I felt it important to mention this consideration sooner than later. Based on this recent thread experience, the issue did not go to how the video was imported into the project but rather to the project preset available to it.

Thank you for your consideration.

ATR

• 9. Re: Sony HDR-HR12
                          vegasnovice Level 1

First, thanks to all for the input and help.  It means a lot that I'm not on my own with a problem like this.  Second, the good news.  After working with this problem I have found out that the audio is there, but only in the editing mode.  Third, other videos that were not imported from the camera seem to have audio in the organizer so I don't understand this.  Fourth, there is some Sony recovery company in Alabama that can recover this type of data if lost.

Sent from my iPhone

• 10. Re: Sony HDR-HR12
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

vegasnovice

Thanks for the reply and the good news that you do have audio in the Edit area of the program. My prior single entry in your thread was based on 5.1 channel audio issue for import into Premiere Elements Editor and a possible recent known fix to expedite matters. What you wrote to me in your last reply opens the door to important questions that need answers to put your good news in context.

Since this is the case, I will watch for the results from your discussion in progress when I posted. Depending on how that discussion is concluded, I would be glad for the opportunity to work through some troubleshooting scheme(s) that might help you avoid investing in data recovery from erased disc. Again, that will not be necessary if the discussion in progress resolves your issue.

Best wishes

ATR