1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 25, 2006 3:52 AM by Dunkyb123

TextArea properties

wiz456man
      I need help writing the actionscript/html code for the TextArea component. Ok, I have a TextArea component on the stage. I named it "myTextArea". Then on my actions layer frame I have the following code:

stop()

myTextArea.text = "Situation<line break>Third-party analysts reported that Sterling outperformed their competition in many ways. Now they needed a compelling way to bring that story to life, demonstrate their competitive advantage, and reward everyone who investigated the claim...all in one powerful campaign that would deliver within tight budget parameters.<linebreak>Strategy<linebreak>After sifting mounds of input, and sorting target segments from CIOs to IT managers, we developed a multimedia multichannel campaign. It embraced HTML e-mails, an online guaranteed-lead program, keyword-buy strategy, and interactive mail package. All drove to a microsite offering a wealth of information, downloads and contact opportunities.<linebreak>Results<linebreak>The campaign launched and quickly generated nearly 50,000 downloads. Within weeks, the program was running 12% over target.</p>"

I would like to set the words: Situation,Strategy and Results in the default "_sans" font, and all the rest of the text in the default "_serif" font. I would also like to set all the text in a white hex color. I plan on having a blue solid piece of art behind the TextArea, so you will be able to read the knockout white text. But the problem that i run into is that I cant figure out how to make the TextArea transparent, so that u can see the artwork behind it.

Also the <linebreak> tags here are real html linebreak tags back in my flash doc so dont worry about them.

I have been reading the Flash 8 bible, I just got into this rush project and looked in the index but it doesnt tell much about the actionscript for the TextArea component. I guess thats covered in the Flash 8 Actionscript bibles.

Kudos to anyone who can help me. Thanks alot!!!!!!
        • 1. TextArea properties
          Dunkyb123 Level 1
          I have started this for you so that you can continue

Use this to change the font <font face=' what font you want'> Somthing </font>
          Use this to change the color <font color='#what color you want'> Somthing </font>
          Use this to change the size <font size=' what size you want'> Somthing </font>
          or you can do multiples in one line <font size='24' color='#0000FF'>This is blue, 24-point text</font>

Use <br></br> for your line breaks.

I added _txt to your instance name of the text area so it is called myTextArea_txt as it is easier to keep trak of things if you name them _txt for text _btn for buttons _mc for movie clips

Action Script :
          myTextArea_txt.text = "<font face='_serif'>Situation:</font><br></br>Third-party analysts reported that Sterling outperformed their competition in many ways. Now they needed a compelling way to bring that story to life, demonstrate their competitive advantage, and reward everyone who investigated the claim...all in one powerful campaign that would deliver within tight budget parameters.<br></br><br></br>Strategy :<br></br>After sifting mounds of input, and sorting target segments from CIOs to IT managers, we developed a multimedia multichannel campaign. It embraced HTML e-mails, an online guaranteed-lead program, keyword-buy strategy, and interactive mail package. All drove to a microsite offering a wealth of information, downloads and contact opportunities.<br></br><br></br>Results :<br> </br>The campaign launched and quickly generated nearly 50,000 downloads. Within weeks, the program was running 12% over target.</p>"

Hope this helps out abit. i will look into the other questions later

Dunky