1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 22, 2015 12:46 PM by A.T. Romano

i had to have my hard drive replaced and i am trying to reload my Adobe Premiere Elements 10 on my PC.

nanaimogurl

I loaded Adobe Photoshop but when I try to load Premiere Elements I get a message that says "data error (cyclic redundancy check) what does this mean? I have checked on my Adobe account and that number is registered as belonging to me and this is the same PC it was installed on, I just had to replace my hard drive.

• 1. Re: i had to have my hard drive replaced and i am trying to reload my Adobe Premiere Elements 10 on my PC.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

nanimogurl

What computer operating system is involved? Does your computer use a NVIDIA GeForce video card/graphics card? If Premiere Elements 10/NVIDIA Ge Force, stop, and let us know.

Assuming Windows 64 bit for now...and no NVIDIA GeForce card...

Uninstall the program the usual Control Panel way

Do a free ccleaner run through to get rid of leftovers from incomplete installs reinstalls from Adobe and non Adobe products.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Reinstall the program with antivirus and firewalls disabled.

But, before you go through the uninstall/reinstall, try this first

1. Go to

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 10

and look for the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe file (NOT the Adobe Premiere Elements 10.exe). Right click the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe file, and select and apply Run As Administrator. Then double click that same file and see if Premiere Elements 10 opens. If that does not work, then do the uninstall, free ccleaner run through, reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled.

Any questions or need clarification, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR