15 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2017 3:52 AM by shenf86051423

CC Library popping up when creating swatches—figured it out

BriGuyAG Level 1

So I was having this issue with the new InDesign CC 2015 (Mac) and I finally figured it out and thought I'd share, in case anyone else is in the same boat.

I don't use any of the sync stuff, but I was constantly having a CC Library window pop open every single time I'd create a new swatch in an InDesign document (CC 2015). Wasn't having this problem before the upgrade.

It turns out that there's a checkbox at the bottom of the New Color Swatch window: "Add to CC Library." Looks like this is checked by default. Just uncheck it. Seems like it remembers this from then on.

I was going crazy for a bit there, because I had turned off all my sync settings in InDesign and clicked "Manage Creative Cloud Account" to clear settings on the website. I even went so far as to rebuild my InDesign preferences (because at one point the colors palette lost all of the buttons at the bottom and I could no longer delete swatches), repaired permissions in OS X, restarted my computer, yet this was still happening. Then I noticed that checkbox... yeah... a checkbox that was probably there the whole time. Go me.

Anyway, there you go.