1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 22, 2015 1:25 PM by dj_paige

Some Lightroom Keywords Missing

heronsong Level 1

I have just discovered that my new keyword list in LR CC is missing many keywords in my older catalogs.

I have successfully converted a catalog from late April that has all the previous passwords and I am wondering how I can get the metadata including keywords from photos taken since then into this catalog - that seems to be the easiest route to preserving all the older keywords. Can I import from the later catalog, or what?

• 1. Re: Some Lightroom Keywords Missing
          dj_paige Level 9

I have successfully converted a catalog from late April that has all the previous passwords

Do you mean "keywords" instead of "passwords"? How did you do this conversion? Describe the steps in detail. Why did you do a conversion?

I am wondering how I can get the metadata including keywords from photos taken since then into this catalog

You can merge the catalog with the new photos into the catalog described above. Open one catalog, and then select File->Import from Another Catalog and point to the other catalog.

I guess I don't understand how your title relates to this issue, you haven't described any missing keywords. In fact, the whole issue could use more detail and clarification.